Double bladder wing recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DutchDown:
I'm in the market for a double bladder wing and would like to get recommendations from divers who either use them or have buddies who use them. I'm considering a Diverite Classic, Oxycheq 70# or an OMS 60#. Are there others I am overlooking?
Diverite SuperWing. At 77 lb it is a BIG wing. More lift than you will probably need, though. It IS a bit floppy in the water which will probably be true of any wing with that much lift, that is not bungeed.

Colliam7:
Diverite SuperWing. At 77 lb it is a BIG wing. More lift than you will probably need, though. It IS a bit floppy in the water which will probably be true of any wing with that much lift, that is not bungeed.

Thanks Colliam,

The Superwing has much more lift than I need. What do you think of the dual Bladder Classic? 59 lb lift should actually be more than enough.

Phil

DutchDown:
Hi Xander,

I do have a singles wing and use it wet and dry. But I want the added security of a double bladder wing when diving wet.

Thanks for taking time to reply!

Phil

I guess stopping smoking is out of the picture, so... :)

BTW, I think Oxycheq has a dual bladder 55 lbs wing in their offering.

evil_xander:
I guess stopping smoking is out of the picture, so... :)

No, it's not out of the question. I firmly resolve to stop smoking...about three minutes after I die. :D

I will probably go with the Dive Rite Classic because that's what I can find locally. I looked at the Golem Gear site and really like the Oxycheq wing. The 50 lb would be my choice and the price is good, but between the shipping and the import taxes, I would get beaten to death. I could wait until December when my daughter comes to visit, but I really don't want to wait.

Thanks again Xander, for your input!

Phil

DutchDown:
No, it's not out of the question. I firmly resolve to stop smoking...about three minutes after I die. :D

I will probably go with the Dive Rite Classic because that's what I can find locally. I looked at the Golem Gear site and really like the Oxycheq wing. The 50 lb would be my choice and the price is good, but between the shipping and the import taxes, I would get beaten to death. I could wait until December when my daughter comes to visit, but I really don't want to wait.

Thanks again Xander, for your input!

Phil

If you look at the much better Golem wings, you'll find them in stores in Holland under the name DIR Zone. -Much better stuff! (Yes, I sell them too, but not in Holland... :D )

DutchDown:
I'm in the market for a double bladder wing and would like to get recommendations from divers who either use them or have buddies who use them. I'm considering a Diverite Classic, Oxycheq 70# or an OMS 60#. Are there others I am overlooking?
My reason for wanting a double bladder is that although I dive dry here in Holland, I travel once or twice a year to the Red Sea and dive wet there. I'll be using double 12 liter steels and either an AL80 or 7 liter steel stage. I've read the threads outlining the pros and cons of double bladder wings and conclude that it suits my purpose.

I've examined the DSS and Golem Gear sites but they don't have and double bladder wings listed.

As always, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your reply.

Phil

Oxycheq has two new 57lb 360degree double bladder wing..

I much prefer when diving doubles wet, just to stack a smaller wing than my primary Zeagle 65lbs. lift wing.....I stack a Deep Outdoors 40lbs lift wing....this is simply a contingency wing. I am not a fan of dual bladder wings.

More information! Wonderful!

Kompressor, I have seen the DIR Zone wings and they look good. I don't know anyone who dives one, nor have I seen a double bladder wing from them. What do they offer?

Padiscubapro, thanks for the input. I checked the Oxycheq site...$700 for just the wing is a bit over my budget. Okay, a lot over my budget. Wonder why it's twice the price of the 70lb double bladder?

Texdiveguy, also thanks for your suggestion. But isn't what you do the same as what I want to do, just different 'packaging'? Admittedly you don't have to attach the second wing when you dive dry...

I've got a feeling I'll order something and have my daughter bring the entire thing over when she comes for Christmas. She'll complain, as always, but I am paying for her and her husband's tickets, so tough!

DutchDown:
Texdiveguy, also thanks for your suggestion. But isn't what you do the same as what I want to do, just different 'packaging'? Admittedly you don't have to attach the second wing when you dive dry...

Yes same principle...just diff. approach. The biggest issue I have with a dual bladder system is in the event of damage that is caused to your primary...both bladders run a much higher risk of damage than 2 in a stacked system....plus as you pointed out when diving dry I don't have the stacked wing.

DutchDown:
The Superwing has much more lift than I need. What do you think of the dual Bladder Classic? 59 lb lift should actually be more than enough.
Good wing, well worth considering. Pretty close to the right amount of lift for steel doubles, better for doubles than the Dive Rite Rec dual bladder. With the dual Classic available, I doubt the Super is long for this world (or for the market, I should say).

Back
Top Bottom