Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe change
"Dork Divers don’t care about your SAC rate." to "Dork Divers don’t worry about your SAC rate."

fisherdvm:
. . . It is imperative for dorks to NOT dive with other dorks.

AHHH . . . good point. Count me in! Finally; I can proudy wear my jacket style BC!:14:

If I can humbly suggest an addition to the manifesto . . . Dork Divers do not call non-Dork Divers names.:wink:

Well I think it should be D-DOA and ADD if it goes to a vote

in any case sign me up for the T-shirt and baseball cap but don't forget the beer coolie..

After all nothing says "you're going to die" like a beer after a dive

fisherdvm:
It is imperative for dorks to NOT dive with other dorks.

How we gonna' spread the virus if we don't do a proximity thing???

Dork Diver do not care about your SAC rate. We do however care about our own, a little.

Trimix is only important if one of the mixes is rum, gin or tequila. :wink:
You can have a computer console - complete with SatPhone, GPS and gyro-compass.
Certifying Agencies? - We don't care what agency, certification level or the fact that you may have a (think cartoon) 11 pound folding wallet full of them.

As for diving with non-Dork affiliated divers, yes! Just be careful. Since you are having such a good time and smiling all the time, NDD (non Dork Divers) tend to think you are doing something wrong and your very life may be in danger. They will approach and begin to bluster, brag, criticize and advise. Care must be use when responding. A simple nod and reply with “That’s a good idea.” Usually works but should they continue, and only as a last resort, its OK to burst out in uncontrolled laughter, then offer to buy them a drink!

Female Dork Divers have to pay particular attention to NDD. When the inevitable phrase of “Here honey, you are doing that all wrong, let me help.” comes up, a simple smile and thank you will not normally deter the NDD, please refer to the last sentence in the above paragraph.

Membership is automatically bestowed to any diver that played a musical in school.

More to come!

Dave

PS: T-Shirt's, badges, patches and other DDHF stuff is in the works!

Teamcasa:
. . . Membership is automatically bestowed to any diver that played a musical in school.

More to come!

Dave

PS: T-Shirt's, badges, patches and other DDHF stuff is in the works!
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Trumpet . . . 5th grade! Ya-Hoo . . . Easiest membership that I ever attained. Tell me where to send the $$ for the c-card, shoulder patch, bumber sticker, can koozy and decoder ring. I'll tell my Mom to keep an eye on the mail for my membership "kit". It's OK that I still live with my Mom, isn't it:huh:

Attachments

• dorkel.gif
    dorkel.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 111
lol

yea, I'm dorky. Can't do the colors though.

are WE strokes? :11doh:

Teamcasa:
Membership is automatically bestowed to any diver that played a musical in school.
I played an accordian ... it don't get any dorkier than that ... :shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom