Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the 220 fit in the OxyCheq Raider III Light Sock?

If it does fit, does anyone have a picture of it?

Does the 220 fit in the OxyCheq Raider III Light Sock?

If it does fit, does anyone have a picture of it?

I think the 220 is the same size as the 180. and the 180 fits one of the Oxycheq light socks. There are either pics of it in this thread (I didn't read back) or in the Dorcy thread over on Scubatoys forum (which is a little more detailed).

is this the kind of light one would get if I am diving in daylight and want something to enhance the colors of my underwater videos? sorry if this is a stupid question... n00b here - i have a GoPro HD and am getting the EyeOfMine lense for it...

is this the kind of light one would get if I am diving in daylight and want something to enhance the colors of my underwater videos? sorry if this is a stupid question... n00b here - i have a GoPro HD and am getting the EyeOfMine lense for it...

Nope. The 220 is very concentrated, good for looking in holes and even bright enough for a night dive, but for video, it will just make one bright spot on the video.

I've got to agree... this wouldn't be a good light for video use.

I use mine mostly on day dives where it's a little darker at depth. It's got a very concentrated beam, which is great for using to look ledges, under edges of wrecks, in cracks, etc.

How are these lights holding up? Is it dependable enough to rely on as a backup in overhead environments?

I used the discount code and just ordered one for $40 total. We need another light for home use in case it doesn't turn out to be very dependable.

Mine are still going strong, apart from the aforementioned issue with being hard(er) to turn on/off below ~40m. For $40 I reckon they're a steal for a tech backup (burn time allowing) or primary day/night dive light

Back
Top Bottom