Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my two Dorcys from Piranha as well. Interestingly enough there is a slight variation in the colour temperature between the two. It's small enough that you can only notice it when putting the lights side by side.

As reported by others both lights have very small dark spots in the centre of the beam. However, both lights are definitely much brighter than my old mini Q40

The anodizing is showing a couple of small scratches so its not as durable as one might expect. But then again, considering the price of those lights, I can't really complain.

It will be interesting to see how the lights perform in the green waters of Lake Ontario.

M

Great thread!

Anyone know how to email piranhadivemfg.com as I'm over in Singapore n calling will be really difficult with the time zones?

I'm interested to get 2 220s, goodman handle and strobes.

Thanks,

SangP

What's the comparison to a UK SL3? I saw a diver with that yesterday and its beam is very narrow but can penetrate pretty far, way better then my CF-250.

I just received my kit from Piranha and I can say the 220 beats my halcyon scout, SL4 & 6 heck it even beats my Inova T4 in terms of brightness and beam penetration.

220 lumens for 8 hrs is plenty bright n long enough for more than a couple of days of night dives & although, I dislike using AAA batteries, they make the light really small n easy to keep.

These are really great lights, are as bright as tactical lights like the Surefire M3 n are rated 100m!

SangP

Back
Top Bottom