Don't you hate it when people leave you hanging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have yet to figure out why some people don't have the common courtsey to at least tell you if there not going to show for a dive.
You make plans and all the way up to the day of the dive they say "I'll be there" and then they just don't show and your left standing there with no one to dive with. If it's a commercial site you have to try and find someone to sign the waiver so it's not a total loss.
I would think that divers would understand common courtesy.
I guess there are morons in every sport.

venting some real frustration? I hate it too! Especially when I get so many boat spaces lined up and then they don't show??? That's bad for me as a pro and it can cost me too. I have lost at least $150.00 to no shows this past year. I think some people just don't want to speak their mind up front and so they are less than honest with you. Unfortunately, they don't want to pay for their mistakes either!

Your response tells it all.
I would guess your one of those that just don't show and just don't care.
Guess that leaves you out as a dive buddy.
I wouldn't want to rely on you to save my life in the water.
It's a phone call or a post or an e-mail. It's common courtesy.
But like I said I guess there's morons in every sport.

Blow it outta there. How ya doin? You coming down this weekend?:wink:

fgray1 once bubbled...
Your response tells it all.
I would guess your one of those that just don't show and just don't care.
Guess that leaves you out as a dive buddy.
I wouldn't want to rely on you to save my life in the water.
It's a phone call or a post or an e-mail. It's common courtesy.
But like I said I guess there's morons in every sport.

And I just hate myself in the morning. But, then, somebody's gotta do it, ya know?

And you really hurt my feelings. Gee, was that a whine :wacko:

And morons can't help being what they are. Stupid however, can usually be improved :wink:

I sorry if I insulted you. Didn't mean to .
My problem is:
I come from a generation where you say what you feel. Mean what you say and most of all, are true to your word.
My word is my bond and I do most tranactions on a handshake.
In todays world being able to trust people is a rare thing.
:rolleyes:

Been doing good.
I can't make it this weekend.
I got some cave training to do. Haven't been in a hole in the ground in a month so gotta do some basic skills this weekend so I'm going to Blue Grtto to run some lines and do some out of air and lost line drills so I can go finish my intro to cave dives.
Hope you can come up soon and I can take you in soon of the springs. We'll work on your bouancy and steamline your gear.
See if we can drop some of that weight.:)

fgray1 once bubbled...
Been doing good.
I can't make it this weekend.
I got some cave training to do. Haven't been in a hole in the ground in a month so gotta do some basic skills this weekend so I'm going to Blue Grtto to run some lines and do some out of air and lost line drills so I can go finish my intro to cave dives.
Hope you can come up soon and I can take you in soon of the springs. We'll work on your bouancy and steamline your gear.
See if we can drop some of that weight.:)

Another great place to do this is Royal Springs. Its a little further than Blue Grotto but its free! Also makes for a great night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom