Don't Smile With A Regulator!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kracotka:
It appears to me, none of the replies; to the original post by the poor beleaguered teen, have come from Instructors???

Ehh...Hi Kracotka :wink: You replied to my posting, didn't you?

I try to not second-guess fellow instructors, so I did not comment on the details on how the original poster got his first SCUBA-experience. DSD and similar programs exist, and are proven to be safe when conducted according to standards. They're a great way to get started in the underwater world.

voop:
Ehh...Hi Kracotka :wink: You replied to my posting, didn't you?

I try to not second-guess fellow instructors, so I did not comment on the details on how the original poster got his first SCUBA-experience. DSD and similar programs exist, and are proven to be safe when conducted according to standards. They're a great way to get started in the underwater world.

uhhh, yup, kinda....
After reading the last post in the string, I replied. But, truly, I laughed at the turtle story.
I had my own experiences with the turtles at Leftovers Beach, not quite as fun as yours though... I seemed to be an easy mark as a tourist, after diving and taking pics, I went back to the beach and left my gear there... IMO... securely stowed and hidden behind a large rock on a beach sparsley populated. After snorkeling with the turtle school, I returned to find my self robbed. Everything. Even the key to the rental car!!
The story is much too long, but the best memory is the rental car company saying, "W'e're sorry you lost all your money, wallet, credit cards, keys, clothes and property... sure we can bring you a spare car key... only $25 when the driver gets there." What the.... !!!????
I just told them I had NOTHING!
hahahaha, long story short... poor white boy stranded in the Hawaii sun in only a bathing suit and snorkel... for hours. I was the perfect baked lobster tourist!
I was saved many hours later by the US Coast Guard giving me a ride back to the hotel. But, I could not wear pants or shirts and barely walk and sleep almost 2 weeks!!

Still, I never did smile underwater !!!!!!

It is truly amazing how someone can start a thread on going to 40ft with basically no training and it some how goes into Michael Moore....LOLOL

Uncle Pug:
BJD and all.... please don't take whacks at Daphne or Outlaw as they are no longer here to whack back... they each received a 5-day vacation for boisterous behavior and that is why the title under their avatars reads NA.

Folks, please heed my warning lest your title also mysteriously turn to NA.

Yes, I did get that "vacation"

However, my question still stands. Where in my posts was I rude? where did I call names? Where did I "personally attack" anyone? I am not trying to provoke anyone. I just want to understand as I was told to go swim with sharks, called ignorant, called rude, etc.

I asked this of the moderator when I was suspended but never received a response.

Moderator, if this violates the TOS somehow please remove my post. As I said I'm not trying to cause problems.

thanks, BJD.

by the way, who do you fly for? Continental? I ask because our company pilot is a retired Continental captain.... #2 on the seniority list when he retired a couple of years back.

Aggie,

Let me give you some advice! I speak from experience so take it however you want.

1) Don't question a moderator or punishment in a thread. That is not gonna get you anywhere.
2) They usually punish those who deserve it, so if you're at a loss for why it happened, you are either justifying your actions or interpreting the TOS based on what you think it should be.
3) Forget about it and move on.

Again, this is just advice from me to you...I realize it wasn't asked for, but I could tell by your post where you are at, as I have been there plenty of times.

:)

J

jepuskar:
Aggie,

Let me give you some advice! I speak from experience so take it however you want.

1) Don't question a moderator or punishment in a thread. That is not gonna get you anywhere.
2) They usually punish those who deserve it, so if you're at a loss for why it happened, you are either justifying your actions or interpreting the TOS based on what you think it should be.
3) Forget about it and move on.

Again, this is just advice from me to you...I realize it wasn't asked for, but I could tell by your post where you are at, as I have been there plenty of times.

:)

J
Wow! I think that is the most intelligent thing you have written in a long time!

40ft seems a bit much for your first dive, I don't know an instructor that would take you down that deep on your first excursion, let alone play with wildlife.

Night Diver:
Fishfreak, am I missing something? You dove in an inland spring?
Is this a question about the nurse sharks in fresh water?
Because that is what came to my mind first off,I live in Florida and we have a shark that will occasionally go into fresh water(Bull shark),but we don't pet these guys here. Not even small ones(much less 8 footers)This would be because these guys are responsible for the majority of shark attacks in fla gulf. Now while we do have nurse sharks here I can't say that i've ever seen or heard of one above the brackish water point(not in fresh water). Maybe I need to watch out for them too?But we have to stay aware of whats around us here in fla 'cause when you are out of shark territory
your in gator territory
I was wondering where this "inland spring" was myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom