Don't Smile With A Regulator!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat:
[rant] <snip> [/rant] :soapbox:

Sorry this post got so long.

Amen. I must admit, for the most part, I disagree with your posts, but this time you are right on. Very good explanation.

BigJetDriver69:
It is probably not a good idea to pet marine animals at most times.
agreed
You are either up veeerrry early, or veeerrry late, aren't you?
neither - I'm in South East Asia - the post was done on Saturday afternoon, at home with bronchitus & a nice ENT infection (it's the humidity here) and therefore unable to dive (sob) - although I heard the sea conditions were so lumpy they aborted the club dive, so I dont feel too bad about missing it!

Que es esto, este: "ppppffffffff"???? :icon10:
a tongue-sticking-out-raspberry-blow to all the silliness that was going on.

Good to meet you BJD - I find this subforum (in general) the most interesting & informative. The more I can learn from other people's mistakes or encounters the better prepared I hope to be.

lostinspace:
Good to meet you BJD - I find this subforum (in general) the most interesting & informative. The more I can learn from other people's mistakes or encounters the better prepared I hope to be.

It is a pleasure to make your aquaintance as well. Sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope that you will soon be recovered and enjoying the diving that South East Asia is justly famous for.

As for learning from the experience and mistakes of others, I would have to agree with you that it is extremely valuable to do so. One of the writers on this board uses a quote as a tag-line that says, in essence, that there just isn't enough time to make all of the mistakes yourself, even if you survive to learn from them. I would call that a wise observation.

Again, hope you feel better soon!

Cheers!

BJD

I never smile when I'm diving, I'm a serious dewd.............

ShakaZulu:
I never smile when I'm diving, I'm a serious dewd.............

:psst:

I always lose a few bar when I laugh underwater!
My hubby and I when we were first learning how to maximise our air consumption were always checking.
At one stage he was 20 bar higher than me, so I gave him the age old \/ signal which caused him to burst out laughing. By the time he had stopped laughing and got his breathing back under control we were equal. :wink:

(Oh, and before you think we were reckless, this was at 4m on the way up from and after our safety stop, with just over half a tank left each).

BJD - thanks. At least I'm not coughing up chunky yellow anymore! (nice......)
Learning and experiencing in SEA I think is going to spoil me though.... "Sipadan? ho hum...."

oh - just gotta say:

I've also vomitted into my regulator from seasickness during the safety stop - not pleasant but perfectly do-able, and just remember to use your octopus afterwards to breathe through on the way up, otherwise the smell of your own vomit just makes you want to barf again.

Thanks for the tip! As you might suspect, I don't suffer from any kind of motion sickness (a good thing, considering what I do for a living), but I will file the suggestion in the back of my mind! :11:

Back
Top Bottom