Don't ask why I need a female DIN valve.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't it be easier to spin out the DIN on your first stage and buy the yoke to DIN?

He wants to soak his regs under pressure but wants to leave the tank out of the water. He might not own a bath tub or doesn't have an understanding wife like me. We have two bathrooms. One for us and one for scuba.

The bigger question is why don't you want us to ask why. . .

danktex:
He wants to soak his regs under pressure but wants to leave the tank out of the water. He might not own a bath tub or doesn't have an understanding wife like me. We have two bathrooms. One for us and one for scuba.

So he buys the fill whip, spins out the DIN on the first stage and spins the fill DIN in. Pressurize and... tada.

David P:
Robert, there are adapters made by....er sold by ....(sorry no coffee yet)...trident I think for use on repair benches, it basically simulates a tank neck and you add the valve you're repairing... so you get a HP hose to go from your tank to this block then add a valve you need to buy, attach your reg and soak away! To be honest though, you would probably be cheaper just buying a pony bottle.

Ok part number 43280 from global is exactly what you want (almost) its the block that I speak of, hp hose, and yoke adapter to stick on a tank, you still need a yoke to put on the block. I can tell you what COST is on... but to guess how much it will be to have someone order it... Id GUESS $200. plus valve...

www.gmcscuba.com
cant give direct link, product catalog,section 3,air tank and valve service,valve service,43280. sorry poor layout but not my design, just keep drilling down youll see the pic.

David, as always, you rock! Thanx! Beer is on me, just tell me when.

I love it when a whip comes together.

robertarak:
This looks like the PERFECT solution! Thank you!
Hey, Robert, let me know how that works out and what you end up paying; I might want one, too. :D Good idea!

Back
Top Bottom