Don't ask why I need a female DIN valve.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertarak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
...but I do. OK, what I really want is a hose with a normal, everyday yoke attachment on it (like on a fill whip) and a FEMALE DIN (that I can attach my DIN first stage to) on the other end. I will probably have to make this or have it made. Any ideas???

robertarak:
...but I do. OK, what I really want is a hose with a normal, everyday yoke attachment on it (like on a fill whip) and a FEMALE DIN (that I can attach my DIN first stage to) on the other end. I will probably have to make this or have it made. Any ideas???
OK you are confusing me...

Do you want to use your DIN regulator on a Yoke valve cylinder? If this is what you are after they make adapters for this, HERE is an example of a DIN to Yoke spin on adapter. It is a one piece adapter that fits on a Yoke cylinder valve and has a female DIN for you to thread your DIN regulator in to.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
OK you are confusing me...

Do you want to use your DIN regulator on a Yoke valve cylinder? If this is what you are after they make adapters for this, HERE is an example of a DIN to Yoke spin on adapter. It is a one piece adapter that fits on a Yoke cylinder valve and has a female DIN for you to thread your DIN regulator in to.

Mark Vlahos

If only it were that easy! LOL I am looking for an extension hose. Male on one side (like you would find on a fill whip to attach to a yoke or DIN valve, I don't care which at this point) and a FEMALE (to attach my DIN first stage to) on the other end of the hose.
Now, before I get people teliing my I am going to die, I am NOT using this for diving. I just want to pressurize my first and second while it soaks in my sink for cleaning.

Thanx.

robertarak:
If only it were that easy! LOL I am looking for an extension hose. Male on one side (like you would find on a fill whip to attach to a yoke or DIN valve, I don't care which at this point) and a FEMALE (to attach my DIN first stage to) on the other end of the hose.
Now, before I get people teliing my I am going to die, I am NOT using this for diving. I just want to pressurize my first and second while it soaks in my sink for cleaning.

Thanx.

An easier/safer solution - a 6 cubic ft pony bottle - that's what I use:)

You mean like this?

A1321059.jpg

DIN tank to Standard tank yoke
equalizer with bleed

Trident Catalog

Thalassamania:
You mean like this?

A1321059.jpg

DIN tank to Standard tank yoke
equalizer with bleed

Trident Catalog

That's male to male...I need male to female.

(don't we all?)

Like an extension cord?

Robert, there are adapters made by....er sold by ....(sorry no coffee yet)...trident I think for use on repair benches, it basically simulates a tank neck and you add the valve you're repairing... so you get a HP hose to go from your tank to this block then add a valve you need to buy, attach your reg and soak away! To be honest though, you would probably be cheaper just buying a pony bottle.

Ok part number 43280 from global is exactly what you want (almost) its the block that I speak of, hp hose, and yoke adapter to stick on a tank, you still need a yoke to put on the block. I can tell you what COST is on... but to guess how much it will be to have someone order it... Id GUESS $200. plus valve...

www.gmcscuba.com
cant give direct link, product catalog,section 3,air tank and valve service,valve service,43280. sorry poor layout but not my design, just keep drilling down youll see the pic.

I always am on the look out for a female to female connection. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom