Donsol Whale Sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh and if you end up diving manta bowl near Ticao... This is what you see when the mantas and whale sharks are no shows... ripping currents and not much to look at... [yawn]

2271891102_6792915a6f_o.jpg

Mike, great shots. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that you got "ripped" off.

Comforting to know that the whale sharks are still in Donsol after the typhoon in 2006. What beautiful creature! I second your vote on San Miguel. Having been to both Donsol and S.Letye, I'd think that there is a better chance at the former. But the latter has the best night dive at the jetty :)

Well, as divers, we should all keep an open mind and expect SURPRISES!!!

Happy bubbles,
Jovin-

Hey,

Great pictures!! I'd like to know about the operators as we are trying to book and having a really hard time - no replies to emails.

Any advice?

There are two dive ops there. Steady Eddie located at Vitton Resort and Adventure Bound over at Woodland Resort. They can arrange the whale shark snorkeling. But if you want to save money and you only plan on doing the whale shark interaction, I would suggest just booking a room at the Vitton which is right next to the whale shark interaction visitor center. Just go to the visitor center early morning and pay directly - it's a lot cheaper. The rates are here. The boat rate of PHP 3,500 is to hire an entire boat so if you have a lot of people, you would split the cost.

Thanks for that. It's one of those operators who is being hopeless so I'm a bit lost as to what to do now. Maybe I will just go somewhere else! Any recommendations.? We are going to Puerto Galera on this trip as well... have been to the Visayas in the past.

Definetly organise a day trip to Verde island! It is the best in PG. It costs a bit more (fuel), but is definetly worth it...

Thanks for that. It's one of those operators who is being hopeless so I'm a bit lost as to what to do now. Maybe I will just go somewhere else! Any recommendations.? We are going to Puerto Galera on this trip as well... have been to the Visayas in the past.

Back
Top Bottom