Donating Used Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

Does anyone know of places in SoCal that accept donations of used scuba gear? You know the routine. You try stuff over the years until you figure out what you like most. So...now I'd like to find a good home for the gear. I'm willing to pay for shipping or drop it off depending on the location. SoCal would be best, but I'm open to hearing about other locations in the U.S.

Thanks!

Much further afield (Canada) we are in need of gear quite badly:

www.kuuchiitaau.com

We're offering diving as therapy for high risk youth with special needs to offer relief for PTSD from childhood trauma.

I'm sure there are great local endeavors who will benefit from your generously. If, however, you don't find an option, we'd be grateful. I could borrow a friend's NY mailbox.

Thank you on behalf whoever is helped by your kindness. It's a wonderful reminder of the community we are.

Warm regards,
Cameron

I've heard that Diveheart accepts used gear. There may be a chapter near you.

Contact Craig Yeaton at Sharkys (Sharky's )in San Dimas. He is working with WAVES Project (Home - Waves Project) and is also organizing a gear donation event for the LA County Sheriff's S.H.A.R.K. program (Shark) that uses diving as diversion for kids.

Contact Craig Yeaton at Sharkys (Sharky's )in San Dimas. He is working with WAVES Project (Home - Waves Project) and is also organizing a gear donation event for the LA County Sheriff's S.H.A.R.K. program (Shark) that uses diving as diversion for kids.
I was also going to suggest WAVES. They are headquartered in Temecula. Great organization. We support them and their work financially and with other resources.

My org accepts used gear (in good condition) and will give you a donation letter to use during tax time in return.

www.powerscuba.org

We're in San Diego.

Cheers,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom