donald trump developement in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augustus:
This development is in an area that most of you didn't even think about or even knew existed until this news came about. So what do you really care? All of a sudden we have people dooming the island for a little development in an area never visited anyway.

So we sit back and cheer. I will be the first to admitt this project likely will come to pass. The Puerta Maya had the majority of the local population against it but it was built. Likely as not this mega project will go down. But it will destroy one of the remaining special places of Cozumel. A virgin reef system (Hannan Atoles) wildlife, turtle nesting area etc. And the little detail of how many construction workers will be envolved in building this exclusive resort. If you don't think that will impact the other part of the island then you have not looked at Playa recently.

And you selectively read my post and completley missed my point (s).

I don't support it and I never sai it wasn't going to make an impact on the entire island.

Please don't misunderstand me or put words in my mouth.

How would you respond if someone who visits your city for one week each year started writing letters to your mayor telling him/her what kind of development they think would be OK in your hometown? I think the letters would be placed in the circular file.......
If my city derived a large part of it's total income from people like the letter writer, then it'd be foolish to not consider it. The powers that exist there may feel differently, tho.

As Augustus reminds us, it will be a sad loss to the ecology. I suppose we US divers may have other options, as we may be diving in Cuba by the time this project proceeds, but it's still sad.
sad-smiley-012.gif

What are we arguing about? We are all more or less not in favor of it, but we acknowledge that there's not a whole lot we can do to stop it, right? It's just like it was with the new cruise ship piers; money always wins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom