dolphin adjustable pressure valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive it full soft (counter clockwise), because if I don't
it's too hard to exhale.

Positive pressure test is done full hard.

Some people incorrectly believe that you will use less
gas if you set it hard. The oriface will will flow the same
number of gas molecules, so you'll use the same amount
of gas. So do what works.

Chuck Tribolet:
I dive it full soft (counter clockwise), because if I don't
it's too hard to exhale.

Positive pressure test is done full hard.

Some people incorrectly believe that you will use less
gas if you set it hard. The oriface will will flow the same
number of gas molecules, so you'll use the same amount
of gas. So do what works.

i set mine just one clik clockwise feels good for me,but if i set it less i tend to get a little extra water ingress!
best regards from the uk

It's kind of funny; I actually adjust mine per dive. If I'm doing shallow stuff, like photography in the 30 - 40 foot range or less, I like it full open. If I'm diving deeper, I find it less obtrusive and more comfortable to have it half closed or so.

Every time I've run with it full clockwise, I feel like the mouthpiece is going to blow itself out of my mouth...and I use a SeaCure mouthpiece on there so that I have extra jaw support for holding it in... Go figure...

Camerone:
I actually adjust mine per dive.

For shallower dives I close my Dolphin down 3 clicks (out of 5); for deeper dives I
usually have it fully closed.

Oddly enough, when I dive my wife's Ray, I like it most about halfway closed (or
halfway open :wink: ) regardless of depth.

I cant really tell the diference since I got rid of the OG BC and slaped a BP and harness on it. I leave it counter clockwise open.

Full closed. But also have to make sure to not ascend quickly otherwise the delayed "Burp" can increase your ascent rate. BTW I'm talk about safe ascent speeds. Also from diving the LARV lungbuster the full closed isn't so bad, especially on rich mixes.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom