dollar store reading lenses glued to mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive seen it done with some kinda contraption to fasten them. Looked like hell to keep clean. Get contacts :wink:

I wear them to see far away..keeping them clean could be a problem..how much to get a ground mask?

I have difficulty reading my compass, computer, etc. For several years now, I've used Dive Optics in my mask. They can be trimmed to fit as you wish. I use a tiny dab of clear silicone adhesive on the corners to keep them in place and it works extremely well. If you decide later to remove them,they come right out and the silicone peels easily off the mask plate with no damage or remaining residue. A pair cost approx. $35.00.

I tryed those a few years back I didn't care for them I might give them another go.....thanks

I have used both, Prescription Dive Mask are great people to deal with, all my current mask are from them. Before I needed more than a simple reader lens I used the stick in lens- there are several brands. The key to them is proper installation. First off your mask must be clean. A good scrubbing with tooth paste followed by a scrubbing with denatured alcohol to make sure there is nothing on the glass. Then put the lens into HOT water,as hot as you can stand to work in, letting them soak for a few minutes to get hot and soft. Then install them on the lenses smoothing out any air pockets. Pat dry and set the mask aside for several days to fully dry. Using that proceedure I never had them come loose.

Back
Top Bottom