Doing it Ridiculous

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
There's actually an acronym for it:

PBRSS:

Pony Bottles
Bondage Wings
Rebreathers
Snorkels
Stab Jackets

You run through that list in the predive and everyone tries to spot as many as they can on the beach...
Bonus points for Spare Air

Isn't it interesting that the person who started this thread purports to be a represenative for Apollo, a company best known for making split fins.

Oh well, probably just a coincidence...

___

rmannix:
Using full DIR gear on a rec dive is fine. Is pointing out the "strokes" part of DIR pre-dive?

though I haven't taken any GUE classes I can still safely say that no, that is not part of the DIR pre-dive drill, though I'm sure you knew that as well. Anyone who would say that is seriously lame and I am not even talking about the arrogance part of it, just the usage of that played out word. The alone would put them in a category that doesn't represent anyone or anything else but themselves.

edit
seems I was wrong and it is part of the drill!!! we will have to come up with a game of our own called ASHAT. We can look for "meatheads" who have:

Attitude
Seven foot hose
halcyon
Arrogance
teamwork

Maybe that long hose was strangling them and they were really calling for help..........

jepuskar:
Man, this almost belongs in the Whine and Cheese forum..no wait, i think it does.

Sam ole crap about the same ole topic..OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.....
But it always seems to hold a certain fascination.

Right now there are 15 people viewing this thread (actually 16 including me! :D )

.. where can i buy a bungeed Stab jacket with integrated spare air to use with my rebreather?

Well I was at Buddy Dive in Bonaire last week and I didn't see one long hose, but I saw a boatload of Biofins, even a couple of pair of the fancy yellow models. Someone put their Biofins in the rinse tank on top of mine and I'm glad I had the spring straps to avoid a mix up. All the Biofin wearers seemed to have a great attitude and they sure looked like they were having fun.

Even saw a hybrid dude with split fins, BP/W and a pony bottle.

mdb, you're hanging out in the wrong places.

mdb:
Recently diving off Point Lobos in Monterey I had the unfortunate experience to see a pair of "DIR" divers in full meathead mode. On a clear day, in a very easy and nice dive site these fellows pulled up in their oversized truck with their oversized egos and proceeded to gear up with seven foot primary regs, doubles, HID lights, backup lights and a plethora of other equipment. The seas were flat calm, nice open ocean, daytime. The lads in a loud tone talked about all the "strokes" who were diving with single tanks and rec. equipment. What a sad sight they were; legends in their own mind. After a while, I asked them how many dives they had made: "I've got over 50" one muscle head said. I know that the GUE training has much merit. These guys had none.

traumatized man. After this gut-wrenching experience, how will you ever function as a normal human being again? Our heart-felt collective sympathies are extended to you.

Group hug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom