Doing it Ridiculous

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
I got into diving to relax and enjoy myself. How about you?

;... Bob (Grateful Diver)

There you go again Bob, diffusing another potentially entertaining thread :D...on the other hand...maybe not. there may be some hope for this after all.

NWGratefulDiver:
Note that I said "dive" ... not "sell dive equipment" ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Well then...I got beat up for my grammer/grammar in another thread...why knot again.

JeffG:
So...you admit to being in "meathead" mode.
No, I'm the rec diver with single tank.:14:

There's not enough popcorn in the world! :11: We need more, more......

mdb:
Recently diving off Point Lobos in Monterey I had the unfortunate experience to see a pair of "DIR" divers in full meathead mode. On a clear day, in a very easy and nice dive site these fellows pulled up in their oversized truck with their oversized egos and proceeded to gear up with seven foot primary regs, doubles, HID lights, backup lights and a plethora of other equipment. The seas were flat calm, nice open ocean, daytime. The lads in a loud tone talked about all the "strokes" who were diving with single tanks and rec. equipment. What a sad sight they were; legends in their own mind. After a while, I asked them how many dives they had made: "I've got over 50" one muscle head said. I know that the GUE training has much merit. These guys had none.

The comments sound almost too stereotypical. Not saying that there arent people capable of that but those dudes sound like dir-hater posterboys complete with the punchline of only having 50 dives.
you made a couple of comments in regards to the nice easy conditions, I'm assuming to point out the overkill of their setups. You have to consider the fact that people want to practice with their rigs so seeing somebody jump in a easy dive site in full regalia may look dumb/arrogant or whatever but it's something people need to do and nothing to take personal.

plankspanker:
The comments sound almost too stereotypical. Not saying that there arent people capable of that but those dudes sound like dir-hater posterboys complete with the punchline of only having 50 dives.
you made a couple of comments in regards to the nice easy conditions, I'm assuming to point out the overkill of their setups. You have to consider the fact that people want to practice with their rigs so seeing somebody jump in a easy dive site in full regalia may look dumb/arrogant or whatever but it's something people need to do and nothing to take personal.
Using full DIR gear on a rec dive is fine. Is pointing out the "strokes" part of DIR pre-dive?

rmannix:
Is pointing out the "strokes" part of DIR pre-dive?
Of course. All plans need comic relief.

I'm a stroke? Darn just when I thought I was cool. :D

rmannix:
Using full DIR gear on a rec dive is fine. Is pointing out the "strokes" part of DIR pre-dive?

There's actually an acronym for it:

PBRSS:

Pony Bottles
Bondage Wings
Rebreathers
Snorkels
Stab Jackets

You run through that list in the predive and everyone tries to spot as many as they can on the beach...

Back
Top Bottom