Dogs & Diving

Do you take your dog with you when you go Diving?

• Leave at Home.

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Leave on Beach.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Leave on Boat.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Goes snorkeling with me!

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Thought about getting gear for?

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Don't have a Dog...

Votes: 48 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks good. I know how much work goes into those stay in place during action. The live fire is usually enough to agitate any dog.

mike

If any dogs could learn to scuba dive, it would be Elvis and Zucker.

What you both do takes alot of work, patient and love.

I surely can't take "Tatanka" with me for dive trips, I don't think I can't afford to pay all the equipment for her chewing fetish.

Cheers..!

A friend of mine has a golden retriever and takes him on the boat when he goes diving. I've been with him on some of those occasions. The dog enjoys it, it kills fleas (drowns the liitle pests) and cools him off. The only problems getting him back on the boat are when he begs for 5 more minutes and there's a current. He's well mannered so he gets in even when he doesn't get more time and sometimes the boat has to go to him when he's caught in a current. Otherwise, it would be dog gone.

You can't take some dogs on boats though, much less in the water. Some will be a nuisance and run off, chasing after some catfish or oither distraction.

don't have a dog, but a couple of huskies would come in useful to lug all the gear along!

Well, my pups aren't nearly as talented as Zucker and Elvis... but I luv'em anyway! And, Scott, you oughta get your "leggy blonde" down here to get in some cruisin out on the open water with Stewie!
Here's a pic of one of my other babies, Jagger, at his most fav place in the world... he's not much for the boat but he loves the beach!

My husband has talked about modifying scuba equipment for our dog. I don't think the dog would mind diving, but I'm not sure she'd like it better than playing catch or watching TV on the couch with us.

Two questions immediatly came up:

How do dogs equalize? We frequently go from 5000' to 10,000' on car trips with the dog. Obviously the dog must equalize somehow during that time, we've watched her during the trips and haven't caught her yawning, valsalva-ing etc.

What about dive tables? I thought for sure this would get my husband off the topic, but he stated, very seriously, that alot of the early decompression studies were done with rabbits and dogs should have a similear response.

Lucky for the dog we live in New Mexico and don't get to dive a whole lot!

-Katrina

Hahahahaha.... that is too good. Us men, you can't count on us to remember to pay the bills or fix and broken sink, but we will examine, in great detail, the pressurization patterns of the household pets or engineer a mechanism so they can drive the family car.

Originally posted by kkoski
My husband has talked about modifying scuba equipment for our dog. I don't think the dog would mind diving, but I'm not sure she'd like it better than playing catch or watching TV on the couch with us.

Two questions immediatly came up:

How do dogs equalize? We frequently go from 5000' to 10,000' on car trips with the dog. Obviously the dog must equalize somehow during that time, we've watched her during the trips and haven't caught her yawning, valsalva-ing etc.

What about dive tables? I thought for sure this would get my husband off the topic, but he stated, very seriously, that alot of the early decompression studies were done with rabbits and dogs should have a similear response.

Lucky for the dog we live in New Mexico and don't get to dive a whole lot!

-Katrina
:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom