Does the Halcyon Focus 2.0 have reliability issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine toasted after about 6 days of use. Sent it back...sounds like it was a sealing glad assembly issue.

By they way, it is on its way back. And apparently they put in "a new, upgraded LED" element. Wonder how it will compare?

Gotta say, after shelling out 2kusd for the light, I was pretty bummed to hear it failed due to a workmanship issue. So much for the Blue Tax. That said, when the light was working, I loved it.

Mine toasted after about 6 days of use. Sent it back...sounds like it was a sealing glad assembly issue.

By they way, it is on its way back. And apparently they put in "a new, upgraded LED" element. Wonder how it will compare?
I saw a prototype that uses one of those Cree XHP LEDs with a black cross in the center - hope that isn't what's gone into production!

I saw a prototype that uses one of those Cree XHP LEDs with a black cross in the center - hope that isn't what's gone into production!

that’s what they sent me. It, too, failed. I am calling it the Halcyon Fail 2x

In fairness, they are going to replace it. After I’ve lost about three months worth of time dealing with it.

I have heard of a few people special ordering it with the switch removed, the EO cord and one of the old style explorer canisters with the switch on the lid.

im not near to being ready to lay down that kind of coin but those custom modifications seam like sound choices given the greed back about the switch as produced.

Back
Top Bottom