Does it take brawn or brains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wimps the lot of you. I'll hump a set of PST 104's while carrying an al 80 stage in each hand......

Truthfully, carts just seem like a PIA to me. Easier to just lug them around. Long walks do kinda suck but hey, its what you pay to have the gas.

motorcitydiver:
That's not too bad...half the weight and 4x the price :D

If it was only 4x the price I'd own one. The ones I am looking at are closer to 10x or better once its all said and done. ($10k)

Right now at the age of 38 it is brawn for me, mostly. Whenever a cart appears I use it. Work smart not hard!

I've got LP85s - a very recent addition. Once on, they seem fine. My scuba car is rather low in the back so trying to slide into them while they are in the hatch isn't easy at all.

For site flexibility (those without picnic or gear tables) - I bought myself one of these for $33 at home depot:

http://toolmonger.com/2006/09/12/hands-on-we-put-9465-lbs-on-huskys-x-workhorse/

It is very light - after I've got the doubles on, no problem reaching over and popping the top and tossing it in the hatchback during the dive to prevent theft.

Small enough I can drag it on my friend's boat even.

Back
Top Bottom