Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casio G-Shock with a wet suit, but the band won't fit around my wrist when wearing a dry suit. Theoretically its a backup bottom timer. Its my all-the-timer every day watch, and I like to wear it all the time for a quick glance at the time.

I've pretty much stopped wearing a watch. Not comfortable. However, when on vacation, oddly enough, I'll wear a Casio just to be sure I don't miss the boat or other fun events. I don't use it as part of my diving kit, it's just along for the ride.

Reactions: Doc
I used to wear a Citizens Aqualand. It has a depth gauge. Saved the day one trip when my computer crapped out. It was a good exercise to use tables again. (I can't believe that some agencies don't teach tables. Like teaching someone to fly without explaining why control surfaces work IMO.)
Now I dive with 2 computers. One of which I wear as a watch on a somewhat daily basis. Like today. I have one watch in the shop and two in need of batteries.

I wear a Citizen JV0030-19 Eco-Drive Aqualand. It serves as a backup since it shows dive time, depth and has depth and ascent speed warnings. It's also easier to check than my computer for seeing where I am in my surface interval.
[h=3][/h]

Formally, no. But my backup computer, a Suunto Stinger, functions as a watch when I'm topside. It sure looks like a watch...

I have been wearing the same $25 Casio watch as a bottom timer for 10+ years. I've had to replace the band twice.

It would be retarded to spend any more than that on a dive watch.

Last edited:
Just wear a Suunto D4, as my dive computer and on land. I always wear a watch while not diving, but wear my dive computer instead on trips. I do have a backup computer, as I am often partake in multiple dive days.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom