Does anyone dive Lake Alan Henry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WesTexDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If anyone has done any diving in Alan Henry I would like as much info as i could get on the lake. Only 2 1/2 hours away and from what I have seen from the surface it could be fun to explore. If anyone is interested in Alan Henry send me a PM or something maby we could go together....maby I could bring some Kayaks or just go from the shore in one of several camp sites, other than that i would imagine a boat would be needed. The dive shop where i work has several nice Kayaks that they rent. Anyways, any info would be super!

Call Southwest Aqua Sports in Lubbock. 806 780 2782. Ask for Rachelle & Chad. I know Chad has lead dives there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we have dove it a couple times. Visability was between 5 - 15 ft depending. We took a fish/ski boat and did our diving from there as there are no real "beaches" to dive from or platforms other than the boatdock (or at least there wasn't when we were there). We heard at that time - 1 year + ago, that Lubbock was building a dive dock but haven't been there since. There were some great coves out of the way of the main areas to explore. We stayed nearer to the dam but did not dive the actual dam itself. The boatdock is huge and there are quite a few rough caming sites around the dock area. We look forward to going there again sometime. It's one of the better lake dives in our opinion.

Call me if you decide to go. I fish/camp that lake quite often and would love diving it. I know a "beach" we can wade out from and a drop point we can safely drop into the lake if we need to. A boat would be fantastic, but I don't have one.

The lake is clearer in some spots than others. That wind kicks up the silt, so upwind planning would be the best on any given day. I understand there are a few sunken things here and there to explore but I wouldn't diver around the dock as there are lots of fishermen there. As I understand it, swimming is prohibited around the dock too. I don't know how they would take to divers.

Well the lake does have a catchy first name... :D

I don't understand Alan.
What is so catchy about "Lake" ? :huh:

Timeliner:
I don't understand Alan.
What is so catchy about "Lake" ? :huh:

........... :mooner: :eyebrow:

Call Southwest Aqua Sports in Lubbock. 806 xxx xxxx. Ask for Rachelle & Chad. I know Chad has lead dives there.
I posted the wrong number and have caused problems. Sorry! The correct number is 806 780 2782.

Thanks to Cave Diver for fixing my above post...

Last edited:
I posted the wrong number and have caused problems. Sorry! The correct number is 806 780 2782.

Please do not call the number I gave above.

Fixed. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom