Does anyone ask to see your logbook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a Shearwater Perdix AI and have not used it yet. Is there an app on the App Store that is the Shearwater Cloud you are speaking of ? Or how do I go about logging my dives on Shearwater Cloud ?

The only place I have every been asked to see a log book is at Sandals resorts. They have a fairly strict policy that if you haven't been diving recently (a year?) that they want you to do a refresher. I bring my computer with me when checking in the first time and show they the last entry, that suffices.

I just bought a Shearwater Perdix AI and have not used it yet. Is there an app on the App Store that is the Shearwater Cloud you are speaking of ? Or how do I go about logging my dives on Shearwater Cloud ?
There is an App. I have it on my iPhone and on my computer, they sync with the cloud so you can do updates on either.

I will get the Shearwater cloud app. When I start Tech training later this year I have a feeling my log book will become something that is asked for.
Thanks.

What are people using for Dive Logs these days ? Is there a phone app or computer program divers are using?

Is there a log book that has write in the rain paper that you can add pages to and have a paper record of your dive history ?
Nobody has ever asked to see my dive log. I am often asked for number of dives, date of last dive...

That being said, I have a paper log for all dives since 1997 Does anyone ask to see your logbook? I like the log from DiveLogs https://www.divelogs.com/ and have been using them since 2004. They have a nice portable binder, refillable pages of several different designs, and archive notebooks. They do have waterproof paper, I use regular paper and fill my log out at the end of the day rather than on the boat.
1644939740783.png

I have a spreadsheet of all my dives since 1997.

All my dives from my Oceanic VT3, starting in 2010, are downloaded to Oceanic OceanLog
1644935876368.png
1644935892594.png

All my dives from my Teric, starting in 2019, are downloaded to the Shearwater Cloud, I mostly use the desktop
1644936803175.png

1644936821491.png
1644936843801.png

Yes, in the App Store. It syncs to your Perdix via Bluetooth and then uploads your dives to the cloud. There is also a Windows program you can download that allows you to see your dive log on a Windows computer.

You can also go to Shearwaters website - they have links for desktop software and apps

I am reminded of my days in Elementary School, sitting in class, not having a clue of what's going on, hoping the teacher doesn't call on me.

But Now:
"Logbook? I don't need no stinkin' logbook!"

What are people using for Dive Logs these days ? Is there a phone app or computer program divers are using?

Is there a log book that has write in the rain paper that you can add pages to and have a paper record of your dive history ?
You can use SubSurface or MacDive, if you want a solution that is independent of the computer manufacturer.

I use Subsurface on my phone and it will sync with the desktop version.

I use a Perdix AI.

You’ll get graphs like this.

A993E7CD-40D9-4DA8-BEFF-019176BEA360.jpeg

IME most places ask for cert card, # dives, and date of last dive. Some may ask for a log as a CYA thing, but logs aren't proof of anything and they know it. Easy to fake a log, and even if someone has a lovely and accurate log they can still be a train wreck. I've been asked for a log once (Little Cayman Beach Resort), and when I said I didn't bring it they didn't care. We've been there lots, maybe it was the first time when they'd just opened.

I have a pile of paper log books, logs from ops that supply this at the end of a stay, stuff from when my download cable still worked, and assorted scrap paper. We recently moved, and I've found them lurking in all sorts of places. Most eventually make it to a spreadsheet in some form.

Back
Top Bottom