Does anyone ask to see your logbook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want nitrox fills, you will have to show your nitrox card at least the first time at a shop.

Many shops want to see your cert card at least the first time you want fills.

You can buy gear without showing a cert card.

Charter ops really differ. Some want an idea of your experience, others just want to see a card.
I would add for charter ops that some want to know when your last dive was. just to make sure it has not been a year or to since your last dive, so you don't need a refresher.

What are people using for Dive Logs these days ? Is there a phone app or computer program divers are using?

Is there a log book that has write in the rain paper that you can add pages to and have a paper record of your dive history ?
I dive with a Scubapro G2 computer. Tried the Scubapro app for loggoing dives, but it’s somewhat “cludgy” to Bluetooth (BT) connect to the G2. The Scubapro app also has somewhat less graphic detail than the Subsurface app, which I‘ve found easier to link up with via BT. Overall, I prefer using the Subsurface app for logging dives, but I also maintain a ‘hard copy’ logbook realizing it’s extra work.

What I've learned from reading this fun thread is that I'm apparently the only person in the world still keeping a paper logbook.
I keep a paper logbook, but I stopped collection signatures after the 1st 14 months. At that point, I had 200+ dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom