Does Anybody Know If One Aerobic Workout is Better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Psychicanimal:
Definitelty!

Where I was working more than half (300+) were women and the best body belonged to a salsa dance instructor (41 yrs old). She'd been doing it all her life, as her mother and brother are competitive salsa dancers. The 20-something girls were no match for her...:no
Testimonial : Swing dancing is good for you. It lowers blood pressure and decreases body fat. As little as an hour of swing dancing has been shown to raise seratonin levels thus elevating the mood and boosting the immune system. It dissolves harmful free radicals and increases lymphatic flow which reduces cancer risk. - Julie Ralls, M.D Family Physician

Like one of the other posters mentioned, you can't focus a workout on a single area and expect spot results, ie. doing crunches only to work out abs. The best thing I could suggest for your problem,
catherine96821:
A fat butt to be exact.
would be to try to find exercises that work out similar muscles groups but alternate from your normal routine. As most people will tell you, if you do the same routine over and over again, you're body becomes more tolerant and will not experience the same "gains" as you would experience from alternating exercises.

As alternate activities, I'd probably suggest any workouts that strengthen the upper gluts and lower abs, mabye modified bicycle kicks or reverse crunches (lifting legs up instead of raising upper body), just be careful to avoid anything that strains your lower back. I picked up a cheap plastic mat for anything that I do on the floor for like $6 at the local walmart. When I do these excercises, I also put my hands beneath my butt or lower back to help support it and get proper technique.

Back
Top Bottom