Documentary preparation: Bahamas and Puerto Rico scenes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I am preparing a documentary about red tides, a toxic phytoplankton that intoxicates the marine food chain. I will need to illustrate my subject with underwater predation scenes, happening in tropical water, for instance baitballs (fishballs) attacked by predators such as tunas, dolphins and sharks.

The filming of such scenes could happen in Puerto Rico (I already have to go there to shoot something else), or the Bahamas. I am looking for clear waters, good vizibility, and if possible stuff that happens on a regular basis since my budget is quite small, and I won't have the possibility to sit and wait for something to happen for more than 2 days in a row.

Anybody has any idea about where I could get this kind of spectacular predation, on a regular basis?
Thank you so much for your help,

Julien

Hi,

I am preparing a documentary about red tides, a toxic phytoplankton that intoxicates the marine food chain. I will need to illustrate my subject with underwater predation scenes, happening in tropical water, for instance baitballs (fishballs) attacked by predators such as tunas, dolphins and sharks.

The filming of such scenes could happen in Puerto Rico (I already have to go there to shoot something else), or the Bahamas. I am looking for clear waters, good vizibility, and if possible stuff that happens on a regular basis since my budget is quite small, and I won't have the possibility to sit and wait for something to happen for more than 2 days in a row.

Anybody has any idea about where I could get this kind of spectacular predation, on a regular basis?
Thank you so much for your help,

Julien

nope, people like Howard Hall can't even predict things like that and he goes to a destination to film for 3-6 months! His films are compilations of hundreds of dives with a chartered boat just for finding things for him. He has a huge budget to pay for that.

I think you goals of finding predatory activity on a limited budget and in 2 days of diving is unrealistic. You can go to the Bahamas and you might see dolpins or sharks in clear water but you aren't even guaranteed that in just 2 days of diving. Sorry!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom