do your own visual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, we have seen them before. I can tell you that in most shops these stickers are not accepted. In one shop in particular, there is a photo copy of the first sticker with a note not to accept them. If you read the language, it is incorrect anyway. Many have been turned down with these stickers. People were buying the tanks online through leisure pro then buying the stickers.

Of course I am sure that many shops have no idea and accept them.

In my limited experiance, "most shops" is a gross overstatement.

I see both of these stickers widely used or at least applied to tanks. What is the reson for not accepting them (I wonder), because they could be bought and there fore the system is now corrupted. The yellow one is what was in my tanks for years untill i got my PSI cert. Bottom line is there is no sticker that is beyond corruption. One shop monkey steels a handful of stickers and in the case of PSI a number, and no one knows the difference. Especially when it comes to steel tanks. Even the shop rejecting the tank has no idea if an inspection was done even with his own sticker type on it. I was in a shop and saw that the shop had stickers hanging on the wall on a peg. i asked why not just keep them in a drawer. the answer was the hole in the sticker that allowed them to hang on the peg had an alternative purpose. his stickers had 3 holes punched in them month day and the third to id that the sticker was from his shop. Aparently new costomers would come in for fills with his sticker on them. the stickers stolen from the shop was put on other tanks. Pretty clever i thought on the shops part.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2012 at 06:36 PM ----------

I just go t off the phone with PSI and you can take the UPDATE to renew your cert at home. You must be with in the 3 year window and not lapsed. you call pay and you get a link to dwonload material. They can mail you a thumb drive with the material and you take the test and mail it in and they return you a cert for an other 3 yr. I spoke to Mark Greshem at PSI Those who are PSI certified know who he is. I hope that clarifiies my previous post. This is for Update not a refresher traiing. the difference is that you are not lapsed / exceeded your 3 year anavbersary of last training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom