Do you/would you fly with an 19hr surface interval?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I finally got around entering into divePAL a plan similar to the one mentioned by the OP: basically I made 12 identical dives over a 3 days period : each dive has a square profile (30ft/90min).

I then analyzed the whole sequence with divePAL in Moderate settings. (for more info on our algorithm read the article Fine Tuning a Decompression Algorithm)

As per image below, at the end of the last dive the Nitrogen Loading is 76% and the Estimated Pressure Group is S.

Also, at the end of the 19 hours of Surface Interval after dive 12, the Nitrogen Loading is 10% but the Estimated Pressure Group shows DESAT. See image below.

This plan is public on divePAL server; just search dive logs for "ediver / dive plan".
To analyze the whole sequence you will need the Tech version.

10% is more than 0%

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hi Alberto,

So, what are the implications of 10% residual nitrogen loading and ascent to a maximum of 8000 feet? I would imagine this is below the threshold for clinical significance. Any real idea? If I remember correctly, the pressure at 8000 feet is about 0.75 atm, considerably less of a change than ascending from your safety stop.

Best, Craig

I have a buddy that no matter what profile he dives (air, no O2 etc) he won't leave the water till his average depth is equal to 20.5' or less.

If one were concerned, there is a way to calculate M values etc to get a better mathematical rather than anecdotal picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom