Do you wear a dive watch?

Do you wear a dive watch?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just use a Casio G Shock. But is basically to tell the time when I am out diving. I dont use it for anything underwater.

My Seiko divers watch purchased in 2008. Wore it before dive computer and still wear it on any trips that include diving (wear a Fitbit otherwise.) Find myself still using the bezel at the beginning of a dive and for surface intervals although I see dive time on the computer and depend on DM's for proper surface interval (still waiting for the time I'm going to say, "Hold on, I need 10 more minutes surface time.") Purchased at a Seiko outlet store for $183. Looking online now, prices fall between $199-270. What's up with that?

seiko-yellow-dial-divers-mens-watch-skxa35-skxa035.jpg

I've a "100 m" casio tough solar that's been to the bottom of the pool once or twice. On OW dives it's stayed in the hotel room so far.

I used to dive with my watch and my computer. After the watch gave up, I got a watch-sized dive computer. So yes, I still wear the watch/computer on the left and my dive computer on the right.

I always wear a watch, I have used several over the years. I currently use a Beaver Momentum that was a present. Before that seversl Seiko watches of various models. For years I used an Omega Seamaster that I still wear but not for diving anymore.
I don't like silicon straps, I prefer a Nato, they are safer.

200 meter G-shock for me. I like the stop watch function. I use it more on the dive boat to record time of descent of other divers - it helps a lot to know when to expect them to surface.

Sometimes, for No-deco dives i will think of it and start the stop watch. It is a nice check on things.

If I am doing a more serious, planned deco dive, then I always try to remember to start the stop watch a moment before I splash. It is an important sanity check for the computer and might give me a clue about narcosis, if it "seems" wrong.

They are very tough watches.

I don't really ever take my watch off, and have worn it for over 12 years: deserts, jungles, mountains... and all my dives.

I use 2x computers, so I dont count the watch as a critical dive instrument.

Its an automatic day/date, all steel.

The Apple Watch series 2 is rated to 50 meters. I'm still waiting for someone to say that they've taken it scuba diving :) :) :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom