Question Do you use a touch screen interface?

Do you use a touch screen interface on ScubaBoard?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I am are trying to get a sense of how many of our members are using touch screen interfaces like on tablets and smart phones instead of a device that uses a pointer like a mouse or touch pad.

1659715173313.png

The reason is many new "mouseover" features are difficult to impossible to access on a touch screen.

There is no time limit on this poll and you can change your vote if circumstances change. Thanks.

Only on the phone. I specifically got a laptop to keep the keyboard and mouse.

As for the mouseover feature, the site I use it for most is XKCD.com
Every comic has an extra punchline you only get with the mouseover. Microsoft sucks, it only gives you a few seconds and you don't get it anymore. Chrome is nice in you can keep it up as long as needed to read all of it.

As for the phone, I have an XKCD viewer that lets you pull the mouseover with a tap.

Don't know the mouseover features on scubaboard.

During work hours, I'm more likely to be on my computer with a mouse. Before and after, it's on an iPad with a touchscreen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom