Suggestion Would a "Help" thread prefix be useful?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Akimbo

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
1665356648322.png
Many of our forums have title prefixes flags available to help members tell what a thread is about at a glance. For example here are the prefixes available in many of our discussion forums.

The question is would adding a "Help" prefix be useful to members?

1665357597750.png
Don't forget to vote this suggestion up or down. The right answer is whatever you think, just let us know.

You could have “discussion” maybe?

Maybe “advice” but too similar to help maybe?

You could have “discussion” maybe?
I like "discussion" While it may have some slight overlap with "question" or "info" I think it's unique enough to be useful. For example: "Discussion: What are the pros and cons of Sidemount versus Backmount Doubles?" Sure, that's phrased as a question, but is far more of a topic intended for discussion.

Another topic I might want is "Guide" although it is really similar to "info." The idea of "Guide" is that it's instructional in some way, such as how to perform a skill, build or repair something, tutorial, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom