Do you use a leaning stick for closeups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure you are right, why else would the Caribbean corals be dying at such a fast rate? I'm sure there are lots of reasons but with the zillions of divers going down there every year, has to add up....

The Tios's mud stick is just a 16" rod of alum with a hole cut near the top, a ring, and a lanyard that is just a nylon rope based on the image on ReefPhoto.

Seriously, you can likely pickup something very similar for a couple of bucks at any hardware store, but if you feel better spending $20 on this, than by all means give Reef a call! :D

If I were formulating a list of factors directly linked to tropical coral mortality, contact by recreational scuba divers would be at the bottom, next to parrotfish biting.

Use your stick thingie. Just take two seconds to watch where you jab it. Don't give the things out to crap divers, either.

RonFrank:
The Tios's mud stick is just a 16" rod of alum with a hole cut near the top, a ring, and a lanyard that is just a nylon rope based on the image on ReefPhoto.

Seriously, you can likely pickup something very similar for a couple of bucks at any hardware store, but if you feel better spending $20 on this, than by all means give Reef a call! :D

I made my own for about $3 If I recall...actually I could have made 2 for that, since I had to buy a whole piece of rod

Back
Top Bottom