Do you use a chest strap w/BP&W or not, and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver once bubbled...
I can't even picture that one. Where does the hose connect to? Does the corregated hose come over your left shoulder? When you dump air, does it pull the inflator hose up with it?

Gotta see a picture of this one...DIR or not.

i will try to discribe for you;

the corigated hose and the low pressure inflater hose are connected together and have intertube retainers. mine also has the spg run down the same path and attached to the inflator.

all three hoses are run under my left arm and around to my chest, attached at the chest strap.
as for inflation and deflation`well inflation is easy, and deflation i generaly use the lower left release on my bladder as i am generaly horizontal in the water.

however if i do use the hose it works just fine. say when i am ready to descend.

i will try to take a picture if you are still not sure

I was not going to take a camera this weekend but I will just for you - even if it means I get slammed from all the DIR type for all those nice shiny D rings I have. Hey that's the least of my worries with that wing!

till next week.....

Jonathan I stick up for you, when they attack

I might even divert the attack by posting a picture of me

Thanks. I'd like to see a pic if you get the chance. I can't quite figure out why there are so many hoses running under your arm, and why the wing inflator on the corregated hose is not coming over your shoulder.

Jonathan once bubbled...
forgot to mention the inflator hose comes under my arm....

Reading the IANTD Technical Diving Encyclopedia last night seems some do something similary but put it into bungee on the right D ring.

As a matter of interest what does DIR do with it?

Jonathan

How could you have the inflator hose under your arm? I must be missing something here. We're talking about the wing/bc inflator hose right?

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...

How could you have the inflator hose under your arm? I must be missing something here. We're talking about the wing/bc inflator hose right?

Phil

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused here!!

detroit diver once bubbled...

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused here!!

Whew! Between this and the OW class/nitrox thread, I was thinking I was just having a bad hair day.

I really want to see a picture of this arrangement...???

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...
You have to consider the length of the inflator hose these guys are dealing with! I mean it is like a geoduck trying to figure out what to do with all that neck... it just has to go somewhere.

I suppose there are even folks who route the thing up between their legs but I don't want to see the pictures... thanks, anyway. :D

{just kidding guys :D}

hey great new icon thingy Aquatec....

I really am genuinely interested in how DIR does it - any pictures out there? I assume from UP that the Halcyon wing has a much shorter corrugated hose but where does it go? How do you find it?

Out here any tech divers seem to diving almost exclusively OMS of some sort - I'm one exception in that I use CD. I don't think I've ever seen a halcyon rig in the flesh, so to speak

Jonathan

Jonathan once bubbled...
I assume from UP that the Halcyon wing has a much shorter corrugated hose but where does it go? How do you find it?
Short~n~sweet... and secured at the left D-ring by a small bungee loop that keeps it handy but allows you to lift it up enough to dump.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom