Do you still use a SPG with a AI computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you saying that your SPG blew an O-ring during the dive, so you were losing gas and had to end the dive early?

It has not happened to me yet, but if my AI transmitter died during a dive, if it wasn't losing gas, I probably wouldn't end the dive early. Most of my dives end because I run out of NDL long before I get low on gas.

Are you saying that your SPG blew an O-ring during the dive, so you were losing gas and had to end the dive early?

It has not happened to me yet, but if my AI transmitter died during a dive, if it wasn't losing gas, I probably wouldn't end the dive early. Most of my dives end because I run out of NDL long before I get low on gas.
And how much do you have as you run out of NDL "long before I get low on gas"? See @stuartv , you should know what you have before you check your AI -or SPG- to confirm it.

Can you give us demonstration how you were trained in re-calculating a gas allocation to do a lost-buddy search in an overhead without a back-up SPG indication, upon losing your wireless AI feature?

Not during a dive. On the boat when I turned on the air. Obviously it was loose.

Neither event cost me a dive. Both easily overcome, just interesting fodder for this discussion.

(Response delay due to poor internet here. Raja Ampat).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom