Do you remove your 7' hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to change to a longer hose for main reg and put octo on necklace. My question is how does everyone route the 7 footer as apposed to the 5 foot? thanks for input on this.

I swap to a 5 footer for Caribean Vacations, and winter pool classes (it's what's on the student regs)

The rest of the time I use a 7 foot hose.

jsmharley:
I want to change to a longer hose for main reg and put octo on necklace. My question is how does everyone route the 7 footer as apposed to the 5 foot? thanks for input on this.

The 5 foot hose routes under the right arm and around the neck
The 7 footer routes straight down, under a cannister or tucked into the belt, then around the neck

all4scuba05:
Here's the scenario. Boat dive. 80 ft wreck dive. No penetration. No deco. Warm waters. Do you swap your 7' hose for a shorter hose or do you keep the 7' hose on? If you swap the hose, which length do you pick? If you don't swap, state reason.

No swap. Same basic setup for every dive regardless of singles or doubles, buddy or Han Solo. Hose always wrapped, never stuffed, even without canister light (which I don't always carry).

Keeping the same configuration lessens potential confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom