Do you remember your first time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was 14, my momma told me when she saw me getting my gear together if I was going with my older neighbor Rex. Well, Rex was supposed to meet me on the dock. Thing about being barely 14 and your buddy being nearly 17--he knew about girls and I could have cared less about girls--at the time--lol. I got tired of waiting and rolled on in. I had a nice dive and I have never looked back. My moma asked me if Rex and I had a good dive--I said "yes I did mom." And that is my story and I am sticking to it.

N

Yep Nimrod... I used to hang with guys like Rex too. Back in the 60's
They were Older Miscreants..... Maybe 16 0r 17 years of age... They taught me to Drink Jack Daniels, loose money at Poker, Smoke Marlboros, look at Playboy Magazine, Roll one, Roll another one and even Scuba Dive too

True Friends :wink:

Well, here is the downer, we moved to Atlanta where I did find some ponds to dive in and my friend went to Vietnam and that is all I have to say on that. Life is like a box of choclates. You know, a Yamaha 125 Enduro was not the best scuba transportation, I am sure they still talk about the kid who pulled wheelies with a scuba tank on his back.

Oh, and I figure your trying to yank my chain with the N(I)mrod and not N(E)mrod but because I like you I won't pull my SeaHawk out and cut your hoses clean in two---lol---:wink:.

N

My first time if it counts was in the Jackson fork and Current River in Eminence MO.

But that is w/ out my same ocean Buddy so do those count too.

My first time was in November '07 in Bonaire. My dive buddy for the week left half way through the trip, not planned, because of me...and I'm actually proud of that accomplishment..once she was gone i had a great trip. :)

Anyway, I chose Angel City..a site I dove many times, I can see it now. No pony bottle, just me and a 80..went down to 60ft right in between the double reef..right on the sand and just swam around that area for about 60 minutes...it was odd not having someone else to check on.

The only thing I dont like is after the dive...I feel kind of silly talking to myself..hey did you see that eel, yeah I saw it, it was huge....yeah it was.

My first solo dive was about four years ago. The wife and I had driven 5 hours to get to a lake we dove for our O/W dives. When it came time to dive she said she didn't want to. She had sinuis problems. I wasn't going to drive 5 hours not to dive so in I went. The wife sat in the shallow water and when she wanted to check on me she would click two rocks togeather so I would come up and chack in. The dive was great and nothing over 20 foot deep.

My first time was in November '07 in Bonaire. My dive buddy for the week left half way through the trip, not planned, because of me...and I'm actually proud of that accomplishment..once she was gone i had a great trip. :)

Anyway, I chose Angel City..a site I dove many times, I can see it now. No pony bottle, just me and a 80..went down to 60ft right in between the double reef..right on the sand and just swam around that area for about 60 minutes...it was odd not having someone else to check on.

The only thing I dont like is after the dive...I feel kind of silly talking to myself..hey did you see that eel, yeah I saw it, it was huge....yeah it was.

I'm planning on talking to Dave.

my first was in a lake with about 3 feet of vis ,and i loved it

My first was in a stock tank with about 3 INCHES of vis. I literally could not see my SPG unless it was against my mask. Pitch black at 5'. Couldn't see a thing. All I could hear was my breathing. Kind of like Zen meditation.

Bottom time: 15 minutes. Maximum depth: 8'. No safety stop. :11:

You know, a Yamaha 125 Enduro was not the best scuba transportation, N

It's better than a Honda 90 POS.

First real solo dive was at my IDC :11:
Course director asked my to put up a line for cesa training.
so I went out and forgot to get back asap as she told me :D
After that I never looked back and did solo when ever I could.
Being an Instructor most dives are solo anyway. :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom