Do you need help putting on your suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it is a normal to me. So, I put one more layer under the suit, such as skin or microprene. It helps A LOT!

All of this is why I am seriously thinking of going dry.

I have owned 2 7mm farmer johns and they are a B#$%^ to get in and out of. My 7 mm is up for sale on ebay because I am too fat for it now. The 3 mm fits great.

Don

ChrisA:
..snip..
Why are so many wetsuits made with rear zippers" Why are so few with front zippers

For the simple reason that you can't bend backwards and damage the zipper.
A front mounted zipper is always subject to folding and subsequent damage.

Actually, I think the back zipper thing is more about ease of on/off. With a long enough string or ribbon on the back zip, it should be pretty easy to get in/out of because you pull the suit on and off forward over your shoulders. I have a front zip (camaro) which I love, but it's REALLY hard to get off alone, because you have to pull it backwards off your shoulders. Putting it on is no prob; the best way I 've found to get it off solo is to push the suit back off the shoulders as far as you can with the opposite hand (it's easy to get one, but not both), then pull off the sleeves (right pulls left, etc) with your arms behind your back. This can usually get the suit to slip off my shoulders and down. Many times I've been on the boat entertaining other people on the dive with this spastic dance while they're lounging around in T shirts with their suits put away.

dlndavid:
I just got a 7 mil Akona one piece wet suit and had a struggle to put it on. My wife had to zip me up, as I couldn't. After it was on, it felt quite comfortable.
Is this normal?

That picture cracks me up, you look like a ninja that broke into a fancy apartment.

If you suit is back entry, it's understandable that it's hard to zip up yourself. I have trouble with my Henderson Hyperstretch 5mm, but it seems to be mainly because I can't see what I'm doing.

I can get into my Whites ADS by myself with a minimum of fuss. Getting the hood to lay flat under the suit, however, requires the help of another person.

I wish I was dry... :sigh:

Pratice makes perfect. I was able to put the suit on and zip it up by myself this morning, but needed help getting out. Will work on that too.

And it is kinda funny looking not being in a dive enviroment. :ph34r:
Kriterian:
That picture cracks me up, you look like a ninja that broke into a fancy apartment.

That's true. To doff suit is much harder than don one.

dlndavid:
Pratice makes perfect. I was able to put the suit on and zip it up by myself this morning, but needed help getting out. Will work on that too.

dlndavid:

And it is kinda funny looking not being in a dive enviroment. :ph34r:

Take your time and get it right step by step, it's a bear to go back to reposition. It sounds like you're geting the hang of it.

If this was a dry run (except for the sweat) at home I think you will find it easier to get out of post dive. Remember it will be inside out when you are done doffing, roll it off and it will go inside out. Let it dry that way and invert it latter.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom