Do you log your dives on paper?

Do you log you dives on paper?

• Yes, I log my dives on paper.

Votes: 139 78.5%
  • No, I download my dives to my computer.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Sometimes I log my dives on a paper log.

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serambin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you have a computer that downloads to PC, do you still write down your dives?

I could download my computer but I never have , I like paper.

Serambin, any poll you can come up with, fisherdvm has already posted!! Just joking, of course.

I keep all dives on my Palm and then transfer them to the PC so I have two digital copies. If needed, like when i had to furnish a log book for my MD class, i just print them out.

No, I don't see the reason really.

My Stinger has the last five years.

I think it is ideal to do it, but tax records and baby books get on the radar first.....so many other records are more important and where you put your time and effort hopefully reflects your life priorities.

Honestly, I cannot see the day where documenting my dives in something as time consuming as a hand written log will ever happen.

catherine96821:
No, I don't see the reason really.

My Stinger has the last five years.
But your stinger doesn't have any info about things like surface conditions, currents, tides, what critters were around in different conditions, etc. It probably also doesn't have the name of a divesite. Sometimes I won't get around to looking at photos for a couple months, and then for one reason or another, I want to figure out where they were taken.

It's for these sort of reasons I jot down some notes. Not exactly a real, formal log, but more like a bunch of notes about cool stuff.

If I was a more organized person, I agree.

Life is throwing more information at me than I can process.

I do both log them in my divebook and download to my computer. Maybe one of the poll questions should include both?

catherine96821:
If I was a more organized person, I agree.

Life is throwing more information at me than I can process.
If I were an organized person, it would actually be in a logbook, rather than being a bunch of various sized pieces of paper inside of a ziplock bag. :)

Kind of like my filing system for tax-related items. Stuff it all inside a ziplok bag until needed. Oh. D*mn. That's now! The deadline for filing an extension is only a couple of weeks away.

I log my dives to mine computer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom