Do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I know, incredibly stupid question on a scuba forum, huh? But really, here's what I mean:

I love to look at interesting stuff underwater. I get excited about finding something new, or spotting beautiful nudibranchs, or seeing a huge octopus. It was fun cruising the wrecks up in Canada.

But really, I'm hooked on DIVING. I love hovering, absolutely motionless for as long as I can pull it off. I grin when I back-kick, and I'm completely delighted when we do an ascent drill and nail our stops. I love sitting in a light current and just letting it pull me along. Just being underwater, and the skills I've learned for moving myself around there (or not moving, as the case may be) is so much fun, I don't even really have to find much of anything to look at to make a good dive.

(Since I've spent all of the last six or eight dives practicing skills, I guess this is a good thing.)

Anybody else as hooked on the process as on the results?

Uh...is this a trick question?

I also just Love being in the water, I dive Ocean, Lakes, Rivers, streams, quarries, flooded strip mines anywhere I can get wet. I always find new sights to see and skills to practice. Not to mention the peacefulness and wonderful feeling of cruising along leaving the hustle and bustle of the surface behind

I have to say... I AM HOOKED...

Dove both days this last weekend with different groups and had a blast both days.

Whats makes my diving sooo GREAT, is that I get to dive with my son... Its something that we BOTH love and enjoy together.

So YES, I LOVE diving.

I'm happy as soon as I'm in the water...I do hate the gearing up and the weights and the tanks and all that...but as soon as I get in the water I feel like I've been liberated!! I visit Grand Turk often and I'm still amazed how elated I feel when I drift over that 7000 ft wall for the first time, even though it's probably my 300th time. :D

TandSM, you express really well what I feel, that is so true!

I know exactly what you mean. Some folks only dive to sightsee or to take photographs, or........ I'd continue to dive even if I were blind. I love the sensations. That's one reason I like diving wet better than dry and why I prefer to dive in just a swim suit - the sensations. I love moving through the water. Great topic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom