Do you have insurance for your gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to have DAN, but they no longer cover loss of equipment if, for example, the DM drops your camera on the boat and it sinks or breaks.... so I moved to DEPP. They will replace the item instead of giving you the cash, but I don't have an issue with that.

Addict:
Anyone know if any of your stuff is covered under your home owners insurance?

I had the DAN equip insurance, but I think they raised the rates, since I git a renewal notice for over $100.

My homeowner's insurance sold me a rider for it, with $0 deductable for $40.

Terry

Can anybody post a link to DEPP? Also what about equipment insurance for Canadians? DAN's policy is only good for US residents.

Bill.

hey Web Monkey..... that sounds almost too good to be true. The one my company offered would not have been any good overseas, or if the camera just got dropped from the boat, or flooded. I am very pleased with DEPP, they have gone above and beyond the call of duty for me.

Maria

OK, will try to answer in order....

1. I have had a diving related accident claim with DAN and they did not give me any hassles.

2. DEPP all they wanted was a statement from the boat captain that the camera was dropped by the DM and it sank.... no hassles either, very prompt even when I was outside of their five day to report clause.

3. Here is the link to DEPP, I am not sure if it works for non US residents, but it is worth the try... they reply to emails in a very prompt way and also to voice mails.

http://www.equipmentprotection.com/programs/depp.html or send an email to Deane Lehrmitt [mailto:DWL@IPGInsurance.com]. She is very, very helpful.

I have almost four sets of gear including cameras for about $200/year, and as someone else mentioned before.... that's worth it even on a pair of fins.

cheers,

sharkdiver00:
I used to have DAN, but they no longer cover loss of equipment if, for example, the DM drops your camera on the boat and it sinks or breaks.... so I moved to DEPP. They will replace the item instead of giving you the cash, but I don't have an issue with that.
I originaly had DEPP but they are limited on what equipment they will cover (they will not cover high end equiment), so I changed to the policy through DAN a few years ago..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom