Do "you" have an idea of how much it costs to change out the final stage intake and exhaust valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tommy7

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of how much it costs to change out the final stage and the intake and exhaust valves of an older Bauer Junior (1) compressor? tommy7@rocketmail.com
Thank You, Tommy

Both valves are around $52.00 each and the discharge valve oring is around $6.00. These are OEM prices, not exact but close. Do yo have a Bauer valve tool? If it is an old one (for the 007790), you will need it to remove that valve and a new one to install the new inlet valve. BTW, there was the Junior and now the J-II.

Craig,
Thank you. Now I have an idea what parts are. How much time is involved if I take it to a shop?
Tommy

Craig,
Thank you. Now I have an idea what parts are. How much time is involved if I take it to a shop?
Tommy

Most places will charge an hour minimum, which is more than enough to do the change, unless they have any problems. Sometimes the inlet valve can be difficult or if the head bolts are rusted. There is a "trick" to get a stubborn inlet valve out that works 90% of the time.

Using a "C" clamp to hold the tool in place, but it must be perfectly aligned and the opposite side of the head must be protected with something like a piece of leather. A sturdy bench vise is also needed.

Where are you located? If close to pensacola fl I can show you how its done. Just did one on a capatono. I Have all the tools.

Sea Lark, I'm in Southern California. I took my compressor into the Bauer Rep..... picking up this Monday. Yea :)

Thank you, Tommy

Ya should have taken the head off and tried it yourself its easy. 6 allen head bolts 2 air lines. One valve pulls out the other needs a speciel spanner. Filter Techs. On line has everything glad you gonna be jamming again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom