Do you have a fitness regimen?

Do you regularly engage in a fitness program?

• Yes

Votes: 95 81.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m back in the pool snorkeling laps with a kickboard. Using my Deep6 Eddy fins (the small/medium are a bit lighter) as I couldn’t find the Atomic splits I had used in the past. Working up to my old mile. Did 0.7 miles last night. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed the gym. Got back in the pool as we have a mask mandate even when working out and I get hot enough as is. No mask required in the pool. :D

Ruck is awesome too. Tire drags will kick the crap out of you in a 1000meters.

I didn't know that existed... I like trailrunning, I'm a fat slob (15 kg overweight), specifically during summer. Where I live it's typically super humid and quite hot (on the koppen climate more like florida than Italy). So I tend to reduce running during summer (not fun in 30+°c and a very humid environment). I tend to lose some weight during autumn, winter and spring.

Typically 3x a week between 8 and 10km.

Didn't know what Ruck is... but this I do every weekend... My girlfriend is "from the mountains" so every weekend we take our 3 year old up into the mountains and hike... me typically carrying him in a backpack. That's 22-25kg extra weight. In May we did a multi day 150km hike with him... I can tell you it adds up and doing 1k up and then down again with him on your back is not super easy ;-) Of course then eating schitz (cheese molten in the oven, pasta, pastine (sort of burger), and drinking wine)... is not helping from a diet point of view :p

upload_2021-9-14_21-5-35.png

Knocked out a 12k LSD yesterday on my rower to compare my cardiovascular status to workouts from last year. Compared to one of my better 10k pieces last year, I was at the same exact HR. Pretty chuffed that I could tack on an additional 2k meters without an increase in my BPM.

Today was:

Concept2 warm up for 2k
Concept2 sprints x 6 (@ 2min per sprint with 1:00 min rest interval)
TRX Y Fly x 4 sets
TRX "Snow Angels" (my combo of arm rollout and chest fly) x 4 sets
TRX Hip Press x 4 sets
TRX Leg Lifts x 4 sets
Ab wheel rollout x 24 repetitions + 6 push-ups on parallette bars* x 4 sets

*allows one to go past the natural plane, something I find beneficial for maintaining shoulder mobility

What did everyone else do for a workout today?

I've been out of it for 2 weeks because of covid. Hope to get back to it this week, going to try a track day tomorrow and see what happens.

I am mid 50s and have always been overweight because I love eating too much.

I enjoy cycling (my main excerise other than diving weekly) but I would fall in and out of the riding habit and it was easy to get lazy.

About six months ago I put a pedal assist electric motor on my hardtail mountain bike and now I ride every day. Every ride is a fun ride. It gives me plenty of excerise but there is no more painfully slow grinding up hills (i mostly set the pedal assist level to 3 or 4 which requires effort but still keeps it comfortable). Riding in the 90+ degree summer heat is actually feasible (I am not working as hard and the airflow cools me down).

I find I am reducing the pedal assist level as I get stronger.

Now I look for opportunities to ride -- grocery shopping, running the dog up in the mountains etc. I rarely drive my truck these days so I am saving on gas.

I just got back from a 40+ mile overnight bikepacking trip in the local mountains. The bike has really opened up a ton of possibilities.

I am careful how i ride (very defensive in traffic and cautious on downhills) as I have a severe pain allergy and don't want to end up in the ER.

Due to scheduling I had dropped a day of cardio for a couple of years (COVID protocols and all) but I have now added back an additional swim day. Our new pool is open, so its 50 meter long course, 3000 meters in an hour. M W F pool, Tue, Thur, Sat gym. Fun bike rides on the weekends.

Adding in that additional swim was a bitch for a few weeks. :)

Love the long course!

Minimum 30 mins. cardio plus 30-45 mins. weight training and 1 hr of MA for flexibility 4 - 5 days a week. Focus is on endurance and ability to move (not bench) heavy weights because a fully loaded diver weighs at least 300 lbs. and I feel it is important to be able to lift that weight over a gunnel or drag onto a dock or shore.

I don't do a program on day X of the week and another program on day Y of the week. BUT: I try to go swimming once a week. I was a swimmer in competitions before I started diving.
I also do horseriding 2-3 times a week, including cleaning the stables of 3 horses. Also that is a cardio program.
And I like hiking/walking. I do at least 5 times a week 5-10 km. I still walk this distances, but sadly I got attacked by a pitbull dog in june and due to a side effect of antibiotics I got a heelspur and inflamed achilles tendon on both feeth. The achilles tendon on both feeth and the heelspur on 1 footh are healed again, but sadly 1 footh still had a problem, but I still can do some hiking. With diving no problem, only with hiking. But I was trying to walk more than 10km once a week (I want to climb Kilimanjaro in the future).
I did in august after the wounds were healed some Zumba and circuit training, but now they quit that because it is outside and it seems to rain every time the training is planned and the trainer cancells it then. They are searching now for a place inside. Then I want to do zumba once a week also.
But with doing all these things without a special training programm, you still get a good stamina and condition. And I do some gardening, yes really, I have some own vegetables in my garden and also this is more or less a sport to get the garden clean and let the vegatables grow.

For example a normal sunday: go diving in the morning. Then ride 2 horses and take care of 3, then do an evening walk of 5km ( I just am back from that hike).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom