Do you have a fitness regimen?

Do you regularly engage in a fitness program?

• Yes

Votes: 95 81.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did you go with an airdyne/assault bike/echo bike? the spin bikes with magnetic resistance don't have as good a reputation, if it hasn't shipped might want to consider cancelling and looking for a used airdyne in good shape on the cheap. some also love the concept rowers. a road/mountain bike and bike trainer stand is also an option.

It’s nice to hear what others are doing. For supporting my diving & general fitness, I lap swim for 70+ minutes three+ times a week using a swim goggles, a snorkel and pool swim fins (Speedo Switchblade) and supplement that with weight machines at the gym. 25 minutes of my swim is frog and flutter kick with a kick board, the rest is breathstroke with & without hand paddles. On occasion I also do some freestyle. It’s been really fun developing a freediver type breath stroke and taking slow breaths thru the snorkel (simulating diving breathing). Also for fun, at the end of my swim, I swim 25 yard laps (4) underwater to become more efficient with the freediver breathstroke. By the way, swimming with a snorkel has been good, as I’ve become accustomed to handling a flooded snorkel without raising my head (no panicking) without disrupting my swim. Lots of fun..... all the closest thing I can do to diving.

I tossed out my overstuffed, double-butt chair and put the treadmill in front of the tv, and then watch high adrenaline/low brain involvement movies like Teen Wolf and True Blood, the hour and 4 miles go by rather quickly. My upper body work is just house and yard work which is quite enough to have me running for the Alleve every other day.
I do stretches before bed and before getting out of bed and random times through the day.
Does anyone get the restless legs syndrom? Leg stretches before bed helped me with that.

In 2016 I had to take a serious look health wise so I changed my diet and started an exercise routine. Started cycling and weight training and dropped about 65 pounds and lowered cholesterol about 50 points.
I am still cycling about 120-150 miles a week and starting back at the weights post COVID. Weight training at home still happened but not at a level I wanted like the gym.

did you go with an airdyne/assault bike/echo bike? the spin bikes with magnetic resistance don't have as good a reputation, if it hasn't shipped might want to consider cancelling and looking for a used airdyne in good shape on the cheap. some also love the concept rowers. a road/mountain bike and bike trainer stand is also an option.
I have not ordered anything yet, but I was looking at Sunny brand stationary bikes.

I tossed out my overstuffed, double-butt chair and put the treadmill in front of the tv, and then watch high adrenaline/low brain involvement movies like Teen Wolf and True Blood, the hour and 4 miles go by rather quickly. My upper body work is just house and yard work which is quite enough to have me running for the Alleve every other day.
I do stretches before bed and before getting out of bed and random times through the day.
Does anyone get the restless legs syndrom? Leg stretches before bed helped me with that.
Yes, very gnarly hamstring and groin cramps at night in my left leg.
Wakes me up out of a sound sleep and gets me jumping around like a Hubangee until I can stretch it out and get it to calm down.
Someone said quinine helps with that.

Wakes me up out of a sound sleep and gets me jumping around like a Hubangee until I can stretch it out and get it to calm down.
Hip flexers and hammies, while brushing teeth. When I had groin pain at night, it turned out to be hip joint, and the X-ray showed arthritis. Sorry man, but stretching hip flexers helps A LOT!

Club soda with quinine. Friend of mine drinks it. Said it really works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom