Do you feel SSASSy?

To SASS or not to SASS (& where)?

• No SASS - want to keep changing days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets meet this time at Finns and see who shows. We can from there determine where the next months meeting should be and post it so all can make appropriate plans. What time? Anyone in favor?

Well, so far looking like Finns again, although Macks Pizza Garden suggestion is a good one too. I say 7:30 again, early enough to let Mack get home and rested for Clean Up Dive the next day (and the rest of us attending the clean up dive).

So, anybody got any problems with Finn's again at 7:30, on the 9th?

And remember, those who show get to choose next location, so you out of town Austin area swampers be sure to show and put in a plug for your desired location. Or if unable to make it, post or pm your desired choice so will at least be under consideration.

I agree with Jay....it is quiet a haul out to Travis....don't go to bars at all so don't know of any....of course there is always Hill's Cafe on S Congress....one of the oldest restuarants in Austin....plus they have a outside patio under the old oak trees where you can drink and eat if you want...and live music most weekend nights....good chicken fried steak w/yella gravy yummm

Ok, for south suggestions we have Nutty Brown Cafe, Pizza Garden, and Hills Cafe currently suggested, I will bring up them when we vote at Finn's on the ninth. I come in from Cedar Park area just off 620, so I obviously like the lake area locations (besides the whole view of water and wet wenches thing :wink:) but want to get to meet everybody so will vote for a more southern location for October SSASS. Maybe followed by a central Austin location or something out toward Round Rock for the northerly/easterly located Austin Area Swampers.

But if you want to make sure of a location, you need to show up and vote for it. No proxys allowed, everyone who shows for a current HH gets one vote for next locale. I do think moving it around a good idea, but it is a Saturday, and could always schedule a dive at Travis beforehand to make most of trip to Austin :) My next 'cert' planned is Scientific Diver so that can catch dive in AS down in SM, then go to south located HH all on same tank of gas:D

Just realized I forgot the San Marcos River Pub & Grill in the south locations, was trying to edit that in yesterday when the board went down for the afternoon. It is a bit south, but is also convienient to some good (if shallow) diving. I would like to put off choosing that location for HH till I have had a chance to get my Scientific Diver cert this fall or winter so that I can dive Aquarena Springs before hand, but if it gets selected b4 then there is plenty of other dives available for those without the cert, just no mermaids elsewhere :wink:.

How 'bout some other outskirts of Austin suggestions, North, South, East, & West to add to our voting pool. I know we have Swampers coming in from all around Austin area to dive, and want to have some choices amongst our rotating locales that works for them as well. Trying to get a list together before the next one on the 9th at Finn's.

parrotheaddiver:
I agree with Jay....it is quiet a haul out to Travis....don't go to bars at all so don't know of any....of course there is always Hill's Cafe on S Congress....one of the oldest restuarants in Austin....plus they have a outside patio under the old oak trees where you can drink and eat if you want...and live music most weekend nights....good chicken fried steak w/yella gravy yummm

That's the nice thing about Finns, being a restuarant. I'm not a drinker either, so I prefer a place that has food and a decent environment. Hills is a good place, good food and a fairly central location, not far from downtown.

Needless to say, much of the conversation at this meeting will include the location of the next meeting.

Guerro's on SoCo is also a good place for drinkers and teetoetlers. Out side seating, bar, music great food.

Nad (et al) -

Last minute issues here at home (not the game - we're Villanova basketball fans and don't follow college football ...) are getting in the way of the happy hour tonight :( I hate welching on a comitment, especially one that involves the scenery one sees at Finn's.

My son is determined to get 2 dives in tomorrow :D . We're going to be out there before 7:30 :coffee: and try to get in the water right away. Hope to see you then. I'll buy you a beer at C&C's to make up for pulling out tonight.

BTW - I'm open to anything for the location on the next one - which by my calendar is Oct 14th right?

Hey Bo, will miss ya, me and my bro' are headed out to Finn's in a while. May only be a few there tonight with the game and with tomorrows dive all goin' on this weekend. My calendar also shows the next one to be the 14 of Oct. Will go ahead and say 7:30 again for the time, and will post whichever location is decided on tonight. Which if only me and my bro' show means I get to pick :wink:

Will look for you at Clean Up, I will be out there around 7:30 or shortly after tomorrow. Just barely managed to get a tank this evening, but DW came thru for me and rented me a shop tank. :)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom