Do you feel SSASSy?

To SASS or not to SASS (& where)?

• No SASS - want to keep changing days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, as we were discussing at the end of this thread, a regularly scheduled Happy Hour for the Austin area Swamp Divers would make it easier to make plans to attend.

bogrady suggested both the second saturday of the month, along with a great acronym..
bogrady:
The 12th was the second Saturday of August. Why not peg it to the second Saturday of each month? Now the acronym becomes - Second Saturday Austin Swampers Social - SSASS.

Works for me, and Hemlon, but looking to get more input from other Austin area swampers, so started a new poll along with new thread in hopes of getting some more responses. Also, wondering whether we should rotate between several regular places, or pick just one favorite, or just choose at previous months HH among attendies? Hence this new thread and poll. So come on Austin Swamper Socialites :D, let your wishes be known.

Also, be sure to post up here any location choices you would like to see in next poll determining location(s) or what other would be should you vote for that.

Mack Diver:
Nice name. I can't promise being able for the 2nd saturday each month. The 9th is gonna have me busy getting ready for the clean up on the 10th.
Hey Mack, I don't think anyone will be making all of them, even single divers without a life such as me:wink:

The idea is that with a 'set' date each month, it will be easier to make plans around that date, sometimes will have a second saturday that is filled with something that is a higher priority (although I can't figure out what would be more important than hanging with fellow swampers, unless have a blue water trip planned :wink: :D) But over time, everyone in Austin area should be able to meet each other so can recognize each other when we see each other at various dive locales.

That leaves only the locale in question each month, and I voted to decide that at previous HH, that way those that show get to choose, and we can introduce new locales as needed without any more polls, also will be able to post the next months location almost a full month in advance which will also make easier to plan around. That way we only need a monthly 'where' announcement thread with its' 'who's coming' poll.

I agree with Jay, long drive for us southerners. What's that place called in San Marcos, The River Bar and Grill?

Need a place with good micro brews and awsome eats in a central local. Bitter End is toast (RIP) so any other sugestions?

Haven't been keeping up with the scene lately, but is always the Draught House on medical parkway which is kinda central, I have heard that live oak brewing is good, and I think lovejoys is still downtown. Also is St Arnolds down south, brewing and dining, but haven't heard anything about that.

Schultzes is always good for food and beer, but not a brewery. Hula Hut has view of water. But I am too far north to know all the south places, maybe something on SoCo?

Maybe Mack will have some south suggestions? Any other south austin swampers with south suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom