Do you ever break the rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solo here....but I didn't inhale.
If you can do 50+ minute solo dives without inhaling - PLEASE TEACH ME O GREAT MASTER!!

I've always carried my knife in Cozumel but it is has never left the sheath. DM's have never said anything about it but if they did then I would remove it.

I don't carry a knife in Cozumel ... I carry a gun ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ohh geez, just don't make any comments in the coz forum about dive knives...

You will get blamed for ruining peoples lives...
Posted via Mobile Device

Im one of those who pick and choose which rules to follow..

You wont find me riding my bicycle with a helmet on. ever. Some people think its foolish, I would say I have way more miles than most on a bike, which leaves me very confident that I wont need a helmet. When I hit a track with the bike, I do wear helmets because I will be jumping much higher than when I am on the street. I have also ran over people who have fallen in front of me so I know what is possible and why a helmet is good..

Diving, I dont have the years and hours of exp that others do, but I do know my bodies limits very well. I dont push it when we are following the rules of 1/3s or if we hit a turnaround point on a shore dive, I make sure we are turned around at that point. its all quite simple in my opinion..

Touching and taking and what you carry are all so very insignificant that I have no issue with the lessons we teach underwater.

Ask my kids what an octopus feels like and they can tell you. Same with a starfish, hermit crab and countless other items.. Did we kill off any of them? Nope. They all survived the encounters.

I think too many reef huggers out there are just ruining it all for the others who are not out to dive with picks and hammers and dynamite. Some of us are not going to grab any coral or other items while below but given the choice of me vs anything else under water, self preservation always wins and picks my favorite!

Its not gonna be my problem, but "I dont need a helmet because I bike so much" is up there with "I dont need a seatbelt because Im such a good driver". Good luck with you biking and pray you wont get hit by someone while youre out there..

If I got hit on a bike with a helmet that would do what, allow me to live as a veggie for years, no thanks.

If I got hit on a bike with a helmet that would do what, allow me to live as a veggie for years, no thanks.

Why not? You've already been living as one for years. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom