Do you Drink and Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a beer at lunch between dives a few times, gave me acid indigestion every time-not a good idea

When I was younger, there were a bunch of us that would head to the keys, camp out, drink at night and dive during the days. I've seen a few spewers underwater and at the surface, the fish love it. I'm not saying I ever dove hung over, but I did have a conch out run me one morning.

Those days are long gone, as are the camping spots in the keys. If I'm diving I don't drink the night before.

mermaid8773:
I'm curious to know how many people have ALWAYS dove 100% sober......

Always. But then again I don't drink or smoke and I'm vegetarian. How boring can you get...

As the saying goes vegetarians don't live any longer it just seems like it. :wink:

If I did drink I would still dive sober (and not drink the night before). Dehydration can contribute to DCS.

So, the link seems to be with hydration/dehydration. So, if you have a beer before a dive and don't pee, you are good to go, right?

Just joking........

I'm going nuts, haven't dove in 3 weeks. And I live on an island. How sad is that?

GHOSTDIVER~
Thanks for the compliment!

Have a great night, ya'll.....

Big Hugs~

Alix

mermaid8773:
I'm going nuts, haven't dove in 3 weeks. And I live on an island. How sad is that?

If I was your instructor I'd be forced to take away your card, you should be ashamed of yourself, now go hop in the water...

I haven't dove since the 1/1/06 and I'm in severe straits, it's not fun to go for so long without a fix.

I don't drink anything other than juice or water before diving, not even soda. After is another story.

ghostdiver1957:
Absolutely!!!! Lots of water

Can a beer kill you - NO... Can your stupidity - YES

Glad to hear you haven't drank and dove... if you drink around me a diving accident won't be the problem... I'll take advantage of you - you gorgeous hottie.

Happy Diving!

I'm about the same here.

I always drink and dive.....:D

Water
Gatorade
More water
More gatorade

I leave the alcohol for the poor bar, the hammock at sunset, and the club afterward.:wink:

3 weeks without a dive!

If I lived down there. I'd be diving so much, I'd never have to post on dive message boards!:D

I was out on New Year's Eve, even up here in NJ. And a few of us are probably hitting a nice cold quarry this weekend.

Wow its funny how here In sunny Crystal River Fla. they consider us a cozy little drinking village with a manatee problem. I,m serious the local bars here are loaded up with divers tying on a good one the night before and the next day those same idiots are trying to ride manatees and are throwing beer cans in the springs

I'll have maybe one drink the night before with a meal but that is as far as I go. I went on a trip with a couple who have been diving for twelve years. We go out to dinner and I think they drank a bottle of wine with the meal. I didn't understand it. They always talk about safety this and safety that but I guess they think this is no problem. I do.

tremtech:
Wow its funny how here In sunny Crystal River Fla. they consider us a cozy little drinking village with a manatee problem. I,m serious the local bars here are loaded up with divers tying on a good one the night before and the next day those same idiots are trying to ride manatees and are throwing beer cans in the springs

Dammit... Where do these idiots come from? *sigh* Tying one on, after the diving is finished for the day is one thing, but harassing marine life and throwing beer cans in the springs is such utter B.S.!! Grrrrr....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom