Do you download your dive computer data?

Do you download and save dive computer data?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I identify with the logging after every dive via Bluetooth though I didn’t vote because I don’t agree with the poll option wording. :wink: I have a Shearwater that I log in MacDive so it’s super easy. I fill out my logs immediately so I don’t forget what’s I have seen then try to include pictures to remember the dive later on.

Now that I have my Perdix, I love looking at my dive profile. I wish a couple of more pieces of information were automatic, though. I will need to look at them again to see what could be autofilled.

Edit: I guess what I would like to see auto transferred is the Nitrox information, including the percentage of O2.

It is auto filled in MacDive :)

Interesting comments about the Aladdin computer. I had one of those and download directly to my PC via the IR port. It was a sketchy process at best. My Aladdin Prime suffered from battery life problems (which I hear was common) after initial replacement. I don't miss it, and prefer my Geo 2.0 + subsurface. Yes, the cable was $60, but the computer was only $250.

For those of you who don't like the choices, do you not get the tongue-in-cheek humor, or just don't care for the humor? I'm not judging, just curious.

Kudos to @Kamaros for getting it, even if maybe he didn't enjoy it.

Perhaps such humor doesn't translate well in a poll. I appreciated it FWIW.

I like to look at the profile, and the air consumption in particular. I'm not very religious about downloading the data though. Usually after an unusually relaxed or stressed dive.

I download from Petrel 1 and Suunto D9 to Subsurface on Linux.

Perhaps such humor doesn't translate well in a poll. I appreciated it FWIW.

Yea, I think that happens a lot online. Some things, depending on how they are spoken, can be funny and jovial or mean and snarky. Written online, it is much harder to interpret. I think that is the source of many of the 'disagreements' here. Face to face, the participants would probably be chatting over a beer, but online they seem mortal enemies.

Nope.
I do take the info from it and put it in my Excel logbook shortly after every dive(s), but I've only ever connected my computer to update the firmware.
Just don't see the necessity for me.

I use a spreadsheet as well. That way I can calculate my SAC (used in blackwater diving).

I think some people have flat lined more than once.

He didn't say only once.

I object to "religiously", myself. I download from both ours, usually every night when on a dive trip, and I copy the subsurface .xml files to 3 or 4 different computers after the trip. But I am what you call the "it professional".

I'm fairly OCD about mine, and my wife ignores hers, so I have to keep it to myself.

Back
Top Bottom