Do you download your dive computer data?

Do you download and save dive computer data?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did download religiously for a while. Then decided "what`s the point? Now only look at the dive if something interesting happened.

I batch download my dives into Mac dive. The most useful data for me now is water temps, so that I can look back over the corresponding months to decide what wetsuit thickness's I'm going to take for a particular month. I do record the dive sites and on occasion review certain data sets if I need that info. But for the most part teh data is entered and forgotten about

My palm pilot is crammed full of dives from our uwatec Aladin's. Good thing I still have an XP machine to download the Palm pilot.

Someday REAL SOON NOW I need to find a replacement for the Palm Pilot.
Forgot that you could do this! Did it for years, was the easiest way before Smartphones and netbooks and lots of memory in dive computers. Earlier Aladins only had 200 minutes of memory at the most, and if you did 2 x 65 mins and then 1 x 75 mins you lost the first dive.

I use to be religious about doing it at the end of a diving day but I have since moved to doing it sometime during the following week when I am back at work so I can "extend" my diving from the weekend. :)

@Jaeger62 & @BurhanMuntasser , someone pointed out that you can use Mac Dive with Bluetooth on the i300c. Scroll through and you’ll see the link. I would repost it but I haven’t figured out how yet.

No. My PDCs aren't capable of being downloaded.

Not a fan your choices so did not pick one. Logged up to the point (in logbook) the dives needed to meet most requirements (100) and certification dives, still log any certs in the logbook. I will now periodically download my perdix and after awhile print my log history

I download all my dives. I keep a log. I do not care whether anybody else does. We will all die (once).
Not liking any of your choices I did not fill out the poll.

Likewise

Don't think anyone is going to die if they don't. I do, both for the record (I also keep a paper log), and to review aspects of each dive. Mostly profile, SAC, average depth, and time.

Back
Top Bottom