Do you dive with an expensive dive watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone who wears a Rolex to go diving is an idiot. You can buy a $60 digital dive watch to accomplish the same function. Why risk a multi-thousand dollar flood and repair on a watch which was purchased for status?

I guess I'm an idiot.

Do you dive with a dive computer? If you do then you're an idiot when an SPG is a lot cheaper and doesn't fail as often. Why risk buying a dive computer and using it underwater when a $60 SPG and dive tables can do the same function?

I guess I'm an idiot.

Do you dive with a dive computer? If you do then you're an idiot when an SPG is a lot cheaper and doesn't fail as often. Why risk buying a dive computer and using it underwater when a $60 SPG and dive tables can do the same function?
When I dive I use a Citizens Aqualand, but when I saturated I used a Rolex, Omega or Doxa, for good reason (helium valve). Computers are nice, but much of the time a $60 SPG and dive tables can work as well or better.

When I dive I use a Citizens Aqualand, but when I saturated I used a Rolex, Omega or Doxa, for good reason (helium valve).
What? You mean there is a kind of diving that a $60 Timex can't handle? You don't say...

Damn, and here I thought all those Comex dudes were wearing Sea Dwellers because chicks dig it.:crafty:

No - it so that your wrist is not blown off on ascent ... in your terms: most chicks do not dig hooks.

I have a Submariner and Seamaster but only use them at work and getting wet at the bar. I use an 80's era Seiko quartz dive watch as backup to my computer.

Back
Top Bottom