Do you determine ICD when planning your bailout gasses for a certain depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
Why don't you list yours first? Trying to.check if people are still switching from tx mixes to air?

Hi
Why don't you list yours first? Trying to.check if people are still switching from tx mixes to air?
I'm evaluating peer group pressure on this forum.

I haven't taken my RB classes yet, but for OC I would have an intermediate mix (21/35) between my bottom gas and my 50%.

I recently witnessed an OC Hypoxic class using 35% and 100% only for 300' dives and thought it was pushing the ICD gradient and min gas a bit too much for me. The instructor told me it was so they didn't have to carry the third bottle. Personally I thought getting used to all the bottles is what class was for, but....

Edit: Typos

I haven't taken by RB classes yet, but for OC I would have an intermediate mix (21/35) between my bottom gas and my 50%.

I recently witnessed an OC Hypoxic class using 35% and 100% only for 300' dives and thought it was pushing the ICD gradient and min gas a bit too much for me. The instructor told me it was so they didn't have to carry the third bottle. Personally I thought getting used to all the bottles is what class was for, but....

Edit: Typos
Yeah seems asinine and way insufficient bailout

You continue to exhibit behavior that makes people think you’re an outrageous troll with no actual tech diving experience. Perhaps Facebook would be a friendlier environment for you.
I’ve seen his picture diving the wreck of the Hermès in Sri Lanka. Fun dive, I wouldn’t mind doing it myself.

I wouldn’t be all out of trim with my ugly stage bottles though.

I’ve seen his picture diving the wreck of the Hermès in Sri Lanka. Fun dive, I wouldn’t mind doing it myself

Hermes is only 50m.

The choice of the size of the deco bottles at the dive centre is pretty poor. If I had to go there again I'd probably bring a couple of 40s or 30s to use for 50 and 100%

All that was available for 100% was steel CCR bottles that didn't sling very well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom